Who will drive the 8 ????

chck3300

BROOKLYN, Mich. -- Dale Earnhardt Jr. won't drive a No. 8 car, but someone at Dale Earnhardt Inc. will. The Nextel Cup organization hopes to have that matter settled in about a week, team president Max Siegel said Sunday.

So somebody who already works for DEI??? I am not a earnhardt fan...any earnhardt for that matter.I think it would be funny as heck if they stuck Kerry Earnhardt in the 8 maybe a mark martin/kerry split season.I don't really think it will happen,but if it does you heard it here first :grin:

NCST8GUY

I have never cared who martin drove for, what car make he drove, what sponsor he drove for, or what number was on his side. I did almost get a # 6 tatoo years ago, I wouldn't much mind him changing though. Luckily, I gave the cabbie the wrong adress and he dropped me off at a massage parlor, not a tatoo parlor, so I spent more money, but nothing permanent. I don't think. Thinking back I should probably go get checked out sometime.

Anyways, Put Mark in the 8, or 1, or 7, I don't care, as long as he don't fade away like DW or Rusty did, I'll be alright with it.

Im just a fan, Im not obsessed.

Radar

NCST8GUY said:
I have never cared who martin drove for, what car make he drove, what sponsor he drove for, or what number was on his side. I did almost get a # 6 tatoo years ago, I wouldn't much mind him changing though. Luckily, I gave the cabbie the wrong adress and he dropped me off at a massage parlor, not a tatoo parlor, so I spent more money, but nothing permanent. I don't think. Thinking back I should probably go get checked out sometime.

Anyways, Put Mark in the 8, or 1, or 7, I don't care, as long as he don't fade away like DW or Rusty did, I'll be alright with it.

Ditto . It shouldn't matter what number is on the side of the car . What really matters is the car itself .

NICHOLS3

NCST8GUY said:

just think if they put him in the 8 he would match your screen name :)

wildflower

I,m thinking Ashley Judds Husband..Dario Franchitti.. He is Looking to cross over to Nascar...Just a thought.

NCST8GUY

Thats funny,
Someone outside the bloodloin takes control? Or was control LEFT TO HER by one MR. Dale Earnhardt SR? What control did she "take"?

She dont' deserve Royaltys? is that a disease? ;). Im pretty sure the Will was drawn out a VERY SPECIFIC way given the danger of driving race cars. Im also POSITIVE that Dale SR was quoted NUMEROUS times that Theresa was the brains and motivation behind most of his business endeavors.

As far as the #8 goes, Whats with all this biterness about her holding a number? If it's so sentimental, would true Earnhardt fans want to see that so holier than thou number stay at DALE EARNHARDT Inc?!?!?!?!?! Rather that Rick Hendrick (the arch nemisis) make money off of it?

Or are these #8 fans so wrapped up in their own twisted warped selfish minds that all they think about now is JR JR JR, and what #3 built means nothing anymore cause JR couldn't win a championship there?

I just don't get it.

And AAHC, don't take much of this personal. I like riling folks up and getting their panties in a wad. But the sentiments you posted are actually profuound on any website that discusses racing lately. And it truly does confuse me.

Radar

NCST8GUY said:
Thats funny,
Someone outside the bloodloin takes control? Or was control LEFT TO HER by one MR. Dale Earnhardt SR? What control did she "take"?

She dont' deserve Royaltys? is that a disease? ;). Im pretty sure the Will was drawn out a VERY SPECIFIC way given the danger of driving race cars. Im also POSITIVE that Dale SR was quoted NUMEROUS times that Theresa was the brains and motivation behind most of his business endeavors.

As far as the #8 goes, Whats with all this biterness about her holding a number? If it's so sentimental, would true Earnhardt fans want to see that so holier than thou number stay at DALE EARNHARDT Inc?!?!?!?!?! Rather that Rick Hendrick (the arch nemisis) make money off of it?

Or are these #8 fans so wrapped up in their own twisted warped selfish minds that all they think about now is JR JR JR, and what #3 built means nothing anymore cause JR couldn't win a championship there?

I just don't get it.

And AAHC, don't take much of this personal. I like riling folks up and getting their panties in a wad. But the sentiments you posted are actually profuound on any website that discusses racing lately. And it truly does confuse me.

I agree . :)

NCST8GUY

just hope Jr. is successful with the new team and doesnt turn out like Michael Waltrip.

Brace yourself :D ;)

He says she wanted part of the profits from the marketability of the sales merchandizing. I have no idea if that is true or not. None of us probably do. I do know that it was SR that credited her with the marketing ploy way back that still has the laid to rest #3 as one of the top 5 sellers year after year.

And I'm surprised by how many folks feel JR left because of her. JR left because HE decided to. He had all the fans in the world, he had less than spectacular stats in anything but plate tracks, he admitted not being into it 100% at times, and yet he left cause of her, thats pretty funny.

If JR is the great driver his fans think he is, why do they insist he "deserves" a percentage of DEI? Don't you think Dale's will would have been drawn that way if thats what he wanted? I just get the feeling from reading some of the more crowded nascar sites that JR fans feel JR can do no wrong, and that it's always somebody elses fault. This move to RHR is gonna be great, cause they are running out of excuses.

Radar

I'm just glad Jr. spoke up last weekend and told his rabid fans to back off from bashing Teresa .
Too bad his maturity wouldn't rub off on some of his fans .

farmin68

AAHCmember said:
He races #8, he asked to keep #8 She said only if I get a percentage of the profits.
Point is, GREEDY BEEOCH....its just a number and ofcourse he will drive a new number since its all about the dollar to her.
Would be different if she just said, NO! we want DEI to keep the #8 instead Teresa says pay me, hell she is the reason he is leaving Why pay her, besides he still has a share in DEI when he is gone. Doesnt mean she deserves a share where he is going but she sure tried.
I dont take offense to anyones opinion, I just hope Jr. is successful with the new team and doesnt turn out like Michael Waltrip.

The "8" is part of DEI's identity. Even with Jr. and Bud leaving the car, it is more marketable to a potential sponsor and co-sponsors (which equals dollars) with the number intact.

As far as who is greedy, Jr. and Kelly demanded 51% of DEI for themselves. If Teresa had agreed, other siblings such as Taylor and Kerry would have lost a good portion of the family estate. If you're going to mention greed, the finger needs to be pointed at Jr. and Kelly.

My opinions don't come from a dislike of Jr. I like him and even pull for him some. I'm just not part of the Jr. Nation.

Latest posts