White River trip

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Well we made it to and from without much of any monkey wrenches, thank goodness !
As always we had an absolute blast and was a much needed trip for me.
It makes it better when you are going with a #1 guide with 30+ years of experience too!

The water had been pretty much level (and clear) for over a week before we got there.
The day we arrived they decided it would be a good time to start dropping and raising the water 3+ feet every day. 🤬 🤬
Honestly it didn't matter the scenery / company and food made it all worthwhile.

The last day Terry found some clear water and they turned on for a bit. We had 25 and 21 boated and we both lost at least 10 each right at the boat.
My favorite view every trip, because this is when we first put in. That means I am THERE !

view.jpg

This is another one I love. Floating by hearing all the rock pigeons is really cool.

cliff.jpg

It's always cool to see the eagles too.
Wish I had better pics.

eagle2.jpg

eagle.jpg

Love a cool foggy morning.

foggy.jpg

If you have ever wondered, smallmouth do eat powerbait. LOL
He was a good time on light tackle.

sm.jpg

Another bonus catch was this monster sucker. LOL
I think it's a redhorse? Not sure though.

sucker.jpg

Absolutely beautiful trout !
I love the ones colored up like this.

pretty.jpg

My biggest brown trout ever.
We didn't put a tape to it because we didn't want to keep it out of the water and mess with it any more than needed but going by the net size it was right at, if not a bit over, 19"

brownnet.jpg

brown.jpg

No trip would be the same without the food pics. LOL
Pork chops, pork steaks and t-bones.
Of course since we were working so hard every day we had to carb up with taters and garlic bread.
The finest part of every meal was the freezer slaw though. Stuff is like manna from heaven I tell ya !

tbone.jpg

chop.jpg

We had a lot of fun, as always.
I am a blessed man to have friends good enough that will put up with me and allow me to create memories that I will carry with me for the rest of my life.

MrJim43

2-Step Enabled
Hard to beat the White River for the beauty and of course the fishing. Had my place for 15 years on the White River and had to give it up due to the wife saying "I ain't moving to the Boonies". Calico Rock was 9 miles and Mountain View or Mountain Home were 25 miles away by road. Just above Piny Creek and Boswell Landing . Middle of nowhere and next to nothing but beauty. I really miss the place........

woodyard

A few of my photos. Great trip even though SWPG and COE tend to always mess up a fishing trip, but I have always said in a three day trip you will probably have one good day numbers wise and possibly all three days. We had a strong north wind one day and then no wind one day and then one day with the wind from four directions and what seemed to be a couple of mini fronts come through. Crazy.

Got me a "PB" sucker ( LOL - ruger) and did manage to catch one on the "boo boo " fly rod built last winter.

Attachments

• 299280EC-98D6-4E7B-B61F-D936701D7477.jpeg
    299280EC-98D6-4E7B-B61F-D936701D7477.jpeg
    217.5 KB · Views: 72
  • 86C102CE-4D23-4017-B816-1DCBFB0431C2.jpeg
    86C102CE-4D23-4017-B816-1DCBFB0431C2.jpeg
    252.1 KB · Views: 82
  • 72DA6ED7-B99D-4FDB-9E3D-5CFA782F183C.jpeg
    72DA6ED7-B99D-4FDB-9E3D-5CFA782F183C.jpeg
    225.5 KB · Views: 64

Latest posts