Crappie trip turned bass

Crow Terminator

I got off work and had plans to fish but that's when I saw the wind advisory stuff. Uggh. It either rains or wind blows 20+ mph. Every time. But...I thought I could hit the Hiwassee and get a few crappie because it's not *AS* affected by the south winds. Started at my first spot and immediately hooked up with a largemouth. Then it just kept happening. They were hitting curly tail grubs. I finally quit crappie fishing and picked up a lipless crank and just put on a crazy bass fishing trip. My best 5 went 15.3 total. But I had a crazy numbers day of 2-3 pounders. I don't normally bass fish so that's probably not anything crazy...but I boated over 20 bass yesterday. I had one about 6-7 pounds that broke my rod just above the 1st guide. Broke my line and lost my lipless crank too. No forward facing sonar needed. These fish were 3-4 foot deep and I could see the stumps they were near. Fun day!! I had been up 23 hours by the time I made it back home. Kept 4 for the supper table.
20240325_150456.jpg
20240325_145741.jpg
20240325_103357.jpg
20240325_102400.jpg

Crow Terminator

I can be petty some times. I usually don't keep bass but a guy on one of the local Facebook groups posted a bass that he kept and he got all kind of flak for keeping it. I have a rule...for every person that whines about keeping bass, I keep some to eat in their honor and post it with their name tagged so that they know their actions condemned their favorite fish to die.

Crow Terminator

Nice! My bass trip last Saturday turned to crappie after I caught a 17" crappie on a swimbait, I turned on my active target and found a big school of crappie. I dug around in my boat and found some Bobby garland crappie grubs and ended up catching 18 good ones.
Ha! You should have seen me scrounging around trying to find a bass lure. I had emptied the boat of everything bass related and all I had was crappie stuff and crappie rods. I had luckily put a single baitcasting rod and reel in there and found a couple lipless crankbaits in my cup holders/bait reject holders. But once that rod broke, it was over for me.

TITANSFAN2104

2-Step Enabled
I got off work and had plans to fish but that's when I saw the wind advisory stuff. Uggh. It either rains or wind blows 20+ mph. Every time. But...I thought I could hit the Hiwassee and get a few crappie because it's not *AS* affected by the south winds. Started at my first spot and immediately hooked up with a largemouth. Then it just kept happening. They were hitting curly tail grubs. I finally quit crappie fishing and picked up a lipless crank and just put on a crazy bass fishing trip. My best 5 went 15.3 total. But I had a crazy numbers day of 2-3 pounders. I don't normally bass fish so that's probably not anything crazy...but I boated over 20 bass yesterday. I had one about 6-7 pounds that broke my rod just above the 1st guide. Broke my line and lost my lipless crank too. No forward facing sonar needed. These fish were 3-4 foot deep and I could see the stumps they were near. Fun day!! I had been up 23 hours by the time I made it back home. Kept 4 for the supper table. View attachment 221260View attachment 221265View attachment 221266View attachment 221267
No wonder it broke.... Its a Duckett :)

Crow Terminator

No wonder it broke.... Its a Duckett :)
That's what everybody has commented! I'm sure there has to be something to it for that many people to say the same thing. It's the first Duckett I've personally had break but I have had 2 others in which I noticed my line was getting frayed for long lengths and would sometimes break the line on just a cast. On both of them, the top guide had burrs or a groove worn into it and was fraying the line.

double browtine

People that gripe about eating bass… well I think they probably don't even eat fish. They probably buy that tilapia that is grown in a pond under chicken cages in a foreign country! If I spent time and money out there fishing, what I catch is coming back home and getting cooked and ate!

Crow Terminator

Went today. Water had came up about 3 feet from the other day. It was slow but the fish were relatively in the same places. But...didn't catch a single fish on a lipless crank. They wanted a chatterbait and 3" paddle tail swimbait today. This was the biggest.
20240329_151712.jpg

Latest posts