White bean, kale and sausage soup/stew

GMB54

I made this a couple months ago and instead of littering up another topic i started a new one. Its mild by my standards. I added some additional Aleppo powder at serving to mine.

2 cans of low sodium cannellini beans with liquid
1.5lb pork loin chops (a bit on the fatty side) cut up into 3/4" cubes
1/4lb semi spicy polish sausage sliced about 1/4-1/2" thick
1/4lb Spanish dry chorizo sliced about 1/4-1/2" thick
1-2 cups of fresh kale. Ribs removed and coarsely chopped
No salt added chicken bone broth

(Sofrito)
2 cups of chopped yellow onion
About 1 cup of chopped red bell pepper
Couple stalks of celery (chopped)
1 jalapeno chopped and deseeded
1 small roma chopped
About a tbs of minced garlic. I used a little more
Pinch of Mexican oregano..literally a pinch ground in my fingers
1/2tsp ground cumin
1 packet of Goya Sazon without annatto...totally optional or sub a little MSG
1/4tsb habanero powder....mine is sorta mild.....Wanted a little heat and habby goodness

Brown all the sausage and remove from the pan. Just want to render out some of the fat and make it a little crisp on the edges
Brown the pork in the sausage fat and remove from the pan.. The crispier the better too IMO
Pour off some of the left over drippings if you think its too much. I probably removed about 1-2tbs worth.
Add the sofrito to the remaining pork fat. Add olive if you need more oil
Cook the sofrito until the tomato has released its liquid and the onions are softening. You should notice a slight sweetness at this point.
Add the pork back to the sofrito (NOT THE SAUSAGE) stirfry it for a couple more minutes.
Add enough chicken stock of bone broth to not quite cover the pork. You could use more if you want it more soupy. Im going for almost a stew.
Bring to a boil and then down to a simmer on low for about 20-30min

Add the cans of beans but reserve about half a can. Might need to mash a little to get it thicker if you want it closer to a stew.
Simmer for about another 20min, Then add the sausage and the kale.
Continue to simmer the soup (uncovered if you want it reduced) until the kale is done enough for you. Maybe another 10ish minutes.

4mMKlbt.jpg

VQc7raP.jpg

Buzzard Breath

WTM":1rupqeg1 said:
looks good. i dont particularly care for kale. would spinach be a good substitute?
I make something similar to this often. You can use any greens instead of kale. Mustard greens in it are freaking awesome.

I can blow my wife from the bed to the living room couch after eating it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Latest posts