When you gotta go...

GibsonCoTrkyHntr

... you gotta go.

Hello TnDeer! Long time lurker and just decided to join today. Love the fellowship on here as well as all the great information!

I'm going to start off by making quite possibly the oddest first post on here, but I truly need some advice here!

I have never duck hunted until this year. All I ever really do is turkey hunt and occasionally shoot some doves. My friend has been pestering me about trying out duck hunting so I thought, why not, what's another expensive hobby!?

Lucky for me he had a pair of waders and shotgun to use my first time out. This is where my question comes in. About an hour after shooting light I get the urge to go number two and I don't think time is on my side. I go back in the woods about 150 yards. Long story short, the woods are submerged in about a foot of water and I CANT FIND A DRY SPOT. THEN I start an akward dance of lowering waders, trying not to fall, and trying not to get wet. Of course, I end up falling over and my whole right side is soaked and we call it a day once I get back to the blind. I dont think I'll be invited back lol.

Hopefully yall go easy on me, but if I do get invited back, what do you do when you get the stomach pains and can't wait until later?

Omega

They have them ready made:
Reliance Luggable Loo Portable Toilet
iu

I have one with a tent, and disposable bags for the bucket. It came with a backpack and everything, best for a deer camp or camping area without any facilities.
iu

iu

I have one of these somewhere as well, great to have if out in the woods a lot. It can be loaded into the truck, or ATV without taking up a bunch of room.
iu

woodyard

Amazon product ASIN B07CHNB6TSif you you want to first class then this one might work. I got one to go in the boat since my wife is supposed to start fishing some with me. It is the right size to go up under the console partways to be out of the way when we are actually fishing. She didn't like my 5 gal bucket idea and I don't know that she cared for this one either. I know she ain't gonna want to go to most of the Porta-poties at the lakes. Lol

Bucket

Amazon product ASIN B07CHNB6TSif you you want to first class then this one might work. I got one to go in the boat since my wife is supposed to start fishing some with me. It is the right size to go up under the console partways to be out of the way when we are actually fishing. She didn't like my 5 gal bucket idea and I don't know that she cared for this one either. I know she ain't gonna want to go to most of the Porta-poties at the lakes. Lol
My buddy and I used to joke about inventing the "transom dumper" along the lines of the "bumper dumper".

OldFart

The original poster is a man of my own heart! And I'm orig from Gibson county too! Must have something to do with the water. At 80 yrs old now, my time between anticipation and participation is even shorter. I know that when my warning buzzer goes off, I'd better mind the warning. If you don't know what my warning buzzer is, note my moniker. TP is a staple and kept at the top of my pack. And "OH ---- takes on an entirely new meaning! A few times, I've "almost" made it, one time while scrambling up a steep incline in the middle of the night on a desperate trek thru rocks and vines and loose sand. The joys of triumph and the smell of defeat. Enuf said, I can smell it already!

Displaced_Vol

At 80 yrs old now, my time between anticipation and participation is even shorter.
That cracked me up I'm gonna have to steal it.

I've taken quite a few dumps in the woods, I do everything I can to make sure to address the need before I get in my waders. Uncle told me about a buddy of his when they were hunting together years ago in his boat. Beached it on an island so he could run up and take care of his business. Can't remember if it was waders or bibs but the main point is when he climbed back on the boat he slung his shoulder straps back up and something else came up with it. He jumped in the river voluntarily.

TNTomtaker01

You have three choices here.
1:Hang your butt over the side of the boat (be mindful of the do lollies aluminum is cold).
2: Find a log with a fork at optimal height (heights is critical here! To low and you will dip the ole brown eye in the cold water, to High and you will deposit in the waders).
3: you find a tree about the size of a basball bat hold on tight and lean back. (This Method requires a few breaks as your hand and arm will get numb and tingling). You can also use a rope make a loop put it under arm pits to hold yourself up, but when the clocks ticking who has time to find a rope!
Hope this helps on your next adventure.

TNTomtaker01

That cracked me up I'm gonna have to steal it.

I've taken quite a few dumps in the woods, I do everything I can to make sure to address the need before I get in my waders. Uncle told me about a buddy of his when they were hunting together years ago in his boat. Beached it on an island so he could run up and take care of his business. Can't remember if it was waders or bibs but the main point is when he climbed back on the boat he slung his shoulder straps back up and something else came up with it. He jumped in the river voluntarily.
Always take two steps backwards and pull the straps up from the front! 🤣