Anyone go to the bootheel this weekend?

WilcoKen

Had a buddy drive through there Friday on way to Arkansas and said he didn't see many ducks and geese at all. Had another buddy say a "friend of a friend" said it was loaded on Friday. He likes to embellish. He knows I'm quitting on his group if we dont kill triple digits this year. Lol.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Had a buddy drive through there Friday on way to Arkansas and said he didn't see many ducks and geese at all. Had another buddy say a "friend of a friend" said it was loaded on Friday. He likes to embellish. He knows I'm quitting on his group if we dont kill triple digits this year. Lol.
Hope ya'll whack 'em dude.
I am thinking about going over Wednesday just to take a load of cooking supplies etc. in just so we won't have to do it opening morning.
Haven't decided yet though.

OldGoat68

Drove through yesterday (Sunday) on way back from AR. Between Kennett and the river, saw some birds but nothing like what is usually around there. Guessing they are still working their way down. We did see alot of new birds coming in Sat and Sun. Still want to see more of the big groups.

Bgoodman30

Always a ton of ducks in the boothill but the can to can't pit hunters will have them nocturnal in no time...

WilcoKen

Hope ya'll whack 'em dude.
I am thinking about going over Wednesday just to take a load of cooking supplies etc. in just so we won't have to do it opening morning.
Haven't decided yet though.
You too! I am cautiously optimistic. Lol

WilcoKen

Drove through yesterday (Sunday) on way back from AR. Between Kennett and the river, saw some birds but nothing like what is usually around there. Guessing they are still working their way down. We did see alot of new birds coming in Sat and Sun. Still want to see more of the big groups.
This goes along with what my "non-lying" buddy said Friday. He was talking about that same stretch. Thats where our pit is.

tickweed

I deer hunted all day sat on the Tn. side of Mississippi on my spot. I had a few ducks in my field, but never heard the first volley from across the river in Missouri from the youth hunt. I did see lots high groups snows, some specks. I never seen the first group of traveling ducks. none. Had several groups of ducks come into my field that evening, but none where high flyers. I sit in the stand untill noon, I looked for ducks more than deer. Just none.

WilcoKen

I deer hunted all day sat on the Tn. side of Mississippi on my spot. I had a few ducks in my field, but never heard the first volley from across the river in Missouri from the youth hunt. I did see lots high groups snows, some specks. I never seen the first group of traveling ducks. none. Had several groups of ducks come into my field that evening, but none where high flyers. I sit in the stand untill noon, I looked for ducks more than deer. Just none.
Thanks for that unbiased report. My other buddy is full of crap I do believe.

WilcoKen

I'm getting several reports from buddys coming back from Arkansas through Kennett that hardly any ducks and geese are down 412 from Kennett to MS river. If any of yall run that stretch please update this thread if you dont mind. Of course my pit buddy is holding with his story that the area is "loaded". Lol

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I'm getting several reports from buddys coming back from Arkansas through Kennett that hardly any ducks and geese are down 412 from Kennett to MS river. If any of yall run that stretch please update this thread if you dont mind. Of course my pit buddy is holding with his story that the area is "loaded". Lol
We will let ya know tomorrow.
We are on the Arkansas state line.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Today is first day we've hunted. Seen 3 ducks. And that was before shooting time. SMH.
We had 2 specks come in and I killed one of them this morning.
The early flight never really happened and the mid morning flight never happened.
Still a good time!

Latest posts