What's your favorite soft plastic color?

catman529

I read one time several years ago in a Bassmaster magazine that the pros chose green pumpkin as the color they would use if they could only fish with one color. I agreed at the time and still agree, although I've only fished with a handful of colors.

I've caught more fish with green pumpkin, watermelon seed and similar colors than any other. What's your favorite soft bait color? Summer, winter, year-round, whatever...my vote definitely goes for green pumpkin.

A

Anonymous

Greenpumpkin for me too with purple a close second{especially worms}I seem to do good with purple worms.

Rowdy

I've always been a big fan of green pumpkin and green pumpkin with red flakes, but have had tremendous success lately with the "Alabama Craw" color. Especially with the "Paca craws" by Net Bait.

mossyhorns300

Depends on water clarity and the conditions where I'm fishing at the time. I am really fond of a color that my buddy, who designs the Rage Tail line for Strike King, came up with called Falcon Lake Craw.

My favorite color is whatever the fish are biting at the time! :D

JohnnyBond

mossyhorns300 said:
Depends on water clarity and the conditions where I'm fishing at the time. I am really fond of a color that my buddy, who designs the Rage Tail line for Strike King, came up with called Falcon Lake Craw.

My favorite color is whatever the fish are biting at the time! :D
They don't work in Hatchie Bottom :grin:

Living2Hunt

my favorite color is the one i need for the conditions to catch fish that day! different colors for different lakes and water clarity.

catman529

Well this is very interesting. Seems like green pumpkin and black/purple are the top 2, and also some chartreuse and different colored glitter. I've used some green with red glitter before and don't remember how well it worked but I like the green with black glitter a lot. Green pumpkin craws have worked great for me in the summer. I used to rig green pumpkin curl tails on a chartreuse jig head during fall and winter. I gotta go and do it again sometime soon...

And I gotta try some purple and black because of how popular it seems to be and I know a guy who catches a lot of bass on the Harpeth and I remember seeing him use black/purple worms and lizards.

Lizards, craws and curl tails are my favorite. In fact I bass fish at least 80% of the time with soft baits and sometimes with a white buzzbait. almost never hard baits. Other than that I throw a cast net and use fresh cut bait to catch everything else.

Latest posts