Favorite TM's, Electronics and Outboards?

rsimms

I subscribed to Survey Monkey for a month. Figured I'd use it to gather/share some information on the opinions of my friends in my fishing network. This survey asks about your favorite trolling motors, electronics and outboards. It should take you less than one minute. GO!! https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YHQTVS6

TM.jpg

Crow Terminator

I'm going to have to be the tough one to please. I don't have a single, hands down favorite in anything on my boat. There are things I like about each brand of sonar graphs that I think they excel at, that the others aren't as sharp on. Like right now...for side imaging and down imaging, I think Lowrance has surpassed them all with the HDS Live and Pro units Especially for ease of use and showing stuff in the water column. But...their maps suck for TVA lakes. Specifically, not being able to do water level offsets for winter drawdown. Garmin is probably the most well rounded for offering a little bit of it all, really good. Great sonar returns, maps, and they have the market topped for forward facing sonar. Humminbird used to be my favorite but I have kinda phased those units out from my boat. The last one I have on there is a 10" Solix, which is soon to be replaced with a Lowrance HDS Live 12". Trolling motors...I have the Ultrex and it gets the job done but I still would like to try the Force and the other new offerings.

redblood

I'm going to have to be the tough one to please. I don't have a single, hands down favorite in anything on my boat. There are things I like about each brand of sonar graphs that I think they excel at, that the others aren't as sharp on. Like right now...for side imaging and down imaging, I think Lowrance has surpassed them all with the HDS Live and Pro units Especially for ease of use and showing stuff in the water column. But...their maps suck for TVA lakes. Specifically, not being able to do water level offsets for winter drawdown. Garmin is probably the most well rounded for offering a little bit of it all, really good. Great sonar returns, maps, and they have the market topped for forward facing sonar. Humminbird used to be my favorite but I have kinda phased those units out from my boat. The last one I have on there is a 10" Solix, which is soon to be replaced with a Lowrance HDS Live 12". Trolling motors...I have the Ultrex and it gets the job done but I still would like to try the Force and the other new offerings.
Love my 12" hds for active target 2

rsimms

Ladies and Gents... here are your results. For Favorite Depth Finder it was a dead heat (exact tie) between Humminbird and Garmin. Lowrance was a distant 3rd.

favorite_depth_finder.jpg

For Favorite Trolling Motor, Minn Kota blew everyone else out of the water (pun intended)!

favorite_TM.jpg

For Favorite Outboard, Yamaha was first but Mercury wasn't far behind. All the rest are left with scraps. THANKS for playing along!

favorite_outboard.jpg

Latest posts