What will be Alabama's excuse this year?

Scioto

As we've learned, the excuse for not winning the 2014 Sugar Bowl and getting dominated by Oklahoma was (from Saban) paraphrased - "we weren't in the national championship game and didn't care." Now, after the 2015 Sugar Bowl loss and domination by Ohio State, Alabama's excuse (first from Kirby Smart) was "we didn't respect the quarterback" (this after not respecting Trevor Knight in 2014) and now (from Saban), the NFL gave out its draft grades on 12/15/2014 and the Alabama players didn't want to get hurt. That's a real good one. A classic right there. I guess Ohio State didn't have any players up for the NFL draft this year. Ezekiel Elliott wasn't going to get drafted so he didn't run out of bounds on that 85 yard dagger. Evan Spencer wasn't going to get drafted so he, a wide receiver, leveled those two Alabama LBs on that run. No, wait a minute, Evan Spencer did get drafted. How much is Alabama paying these coaches?

Oh well, I wonder what the excuse is going to be this year? Anyone care to offer up any? Where is Spur Hunter when you need him? Whatever happened to him?

wayne

To bad Tennbuck isn't around anymore. I'd love to hear one of his drunken rants in response to this.

Vermin93

I hate to admit it, but I believe Urban Meyer is about to go on a run that will rival and maybe pass Saban's run at Alabama. Meyer is stockpiling so much young, elite talent it's depressing.

Scioto

Last year was fabulous (for an Ohio State fan). I spent the entire season not expecting anything after the Va Tech debacle. But they kept grinding, and then the last 3 games were unbelievable. Always fun getting a pleasant surprise, especially when you thought there would be no surprise.

I have so much trepidation this year. Yes, OSU is definitely in the hunt, but Va Tech is a much better team than they were last year (they were a much better and different team in that OSU game last year; injuries depleted that team). The B1G East is a lot tougher than SEC fans realize and is going to rival the SEC West in another year, maybe two. Still, I think OSU has revenge on their minds and should beat Va Tech by at least a couple TDs on Sept. 7. I have no worries about the players pulling an Alabama - the Va Tech opener and the QB competition will take care of any lackadaisical behavior (that Urban can't nip in the bud). I worry about November and especially Michigan State, which IMO will be Ohio State's toughest game and opponent all year, including if OSU gets into the CFP and National Championship game again, and the following Saturday in Ann Arbor against scUM.

I like to get in little digs on Alabama when I can (and Nick gave all of us non-Bama fans an easy dig today with his SEC media day comments), but I think OSU is on the verge of a decade of football domination like Alabama has been on (and they "only" won 3 titles during that time). And no, Urban is not going anywhere until he decides to retire.

BamaProud

gator-n-buck":378l4ur7 said:
Urbie is a great coach and proved that at UF. As far as Bama, I don't think you need excuses when you make it to the final 4..... :)

OH State has the talent for sure. Lets see how they react this year with a target on their backs. Its very tough to repeat. Its only been done 3 times in 40 years...Bama did it twice, and Nebraska once.

Scioto

gator-n-buck":3scwsbak said:
OSU only shows up once every decade. Get back with us in 10 years... Lol

Very difficult to repeat and despite OSU's talent, experience, and coaching, history says the odds are against repeating.

Still, if I was a betting man, I'd bet the chances of tOSU repeating in 2015-16 are better than the gators winning a national championship in football by 2025.

gator-n-buck

OHVATN":kxe108ps said:
gator-n-buck":kxe108ps said:

Very difficult to repeat and despite OSU's talent, experience, and coaching, history says the odds are against repeating.

Still, if I was a betting man, I'd bet the chances of tOSU repeating in 2015-16 are better than the gators winning a national championship in football by 2025.

Lol... OSU was nice enough to give the Gators a N/C..... :)

Scioto

gator-n-buck":k3xsupo6 said:
OHVATN":k3xsupo6 said:
gator-n-buck":k3xsupo6 said:

Lol... OSU was nice enough to give the Gators a N/C..... :)

OSU didn't give anything away that game. The gators punched them in the mouth and took it.

baddnole

BamaProud":3rx6m858 said:
gator-n-buck":3rx6m858 said:
Urbie is a great coach and proved that at UF. As far as Bama, I don't think you need excuses when you make it to the final 4..... :)

OH State has the talent for sure. Lets see how they react this year with a target on their backs. Its very tough to repeat. Its only been done 3 times in 40 years...Bama did it twice, and Nebraska once.

1995 National Champions - 1996 Fiesta Bowl - #1 Nebraska 62, #2 Florida 24
1994 National Champions - 1995 Orange Bowl - #1 Nebraska 24, #3 Miami 17
1971 National Champions - 1972 Orange Bowl - #1 Nebraska 38, #2 Alabama 6
1970 National Champions - 1971 Orange Bowl - #3 Nebraska 17, #5 LSU 12

Latest posts