What I've been up to lately

Rockhound

Every year at Christmas I usually pool what little money I get with more and buy a new gun, this year I had my sights set on a cheap bolt 223.
I had 2 ar's in the safe so I decided just to make 2 great rifles instead of buying another.

The rifle on the right, I removed the 4 position commercial carbine stock and installed a 6 position mils pec stock and then installed a magpul fixed carbine stock. I'll be buying a magpul ctr for it as well but I like ithe as it is now. The main reason I never have used these rifles , was because of the horrendous triggers( 6ish pound pull on this rifle but tons of creep) that were in them. On this particular rifle I installed a cmc 3.5 pound drop in. Ithe turned it in to a very very nice rifle.

The rifle on the left, came with all the magpul gear but the trigger although clean had probably around a 10 pounds pull. The only thing I done to it was installed a hiperfire edt2 trigger. Very clean and crisp trigger, with a 4.5 pound pull, probably the best sub $100 trigger made. I didn't feel the need to go any further with the trigger on this rifle since it won't be doing any bench work.

I've got to do some scope swapping but they are twice the rifles now that they were 2 weeks ago.

Rockhound

infoman jr.":1ks3tlpa said:
How does that eye relief work out for you on the left rifle?

Both work out very well. The rifle on the left is an adjustable stock so Im assuming you meant the rifle on the right with the fixed carbine stock? I added the larger bit pad to it and its almost perfect, I wish it had another 1/2-3/4" but it works and works great. I may mod it to get the extra length, but I could slide the scope forward a little. But the way it is works great

infoman jr.

Rockhound":1jwbd9w5 said:
infoman jr.":1jwbd9w5 said:

Both work out very well. The rifle on the left is an adjustable stock so Im assuming you meant the rifle on the right with the fixed carbine stock? I added the larger bit pad to it and its almost perfect, I wish it had another 1/2-3/4" but it works and works great. I may mod it to get the extra length, but I could slide the scope forward a little. But the way it is works great
No, I was talking about the gun with the collapsible stock. It looks like the scope is mounted pretty far back. Glad it works for you though.

Rockhound

infoman jr.":g8wpxop4 said:
Rockhound":g8wpxop4 said:
infoman jr.":g8wpxop4 said:

No, I was talking about the gun with the collapsible stock. It looks like the scope is mounted pretty far back. Glad it works for you though.

Ah I see, naw it's about perfect like it was, I changed the scope out on it yesterday anyway