what happened?

huntncoach

I love when a plan comes together - until something goes wrong! Saturday morning I had a nice doe come in just after 10:00 and she walked directly into a shooting window which my friend and I had trimmed earlier in the month. I drew and bleated to stop her, then released the arrow with a green Nockturnal lighted nock. In the excitement of the situation, as I replayed the scenario back in my mind, I realized I didn't see my nock in the air, in the deer, or on the ground! About that time, I felt the arrow fall out of my bow and down to the ground. There was no damage, so I have no idea what happened unless the arrow was not completely nocked or was moved out of the whisker biscuit I use for a rest. IDK - but, dang! First deer I have seen this season (3 hunts) and nothing to show for it!

RockMcL

I love when a plan comes together - until something goes wrong! Saturday morning I had a nice doe come in just after 10:00 and she walked directly into a shooting window which my friend and I had trimmed earlier in the month. I drew and bleated to stop her, then released the arrow with a green Nockturnal lighted nock. In the excitement of the situation, as I replayed the scenario back in my mind, I realized I didn't see my nock in the air, in the deer, or on the ground! About that time, I felt the arrow fall out of my bow and down to the ground. There was no damage, so I have no idea what happened unless the arrow was not completely nocked or was moved out of the whisker biscuit I use for a rest. IDK - but, dang! First deer I have seen this season (3 hunts) and nothing to show for it!
You prepared, made a plan and it worked.
Lots to show right there.
No injuries, not texting for help hanging upside down from a safety line...
Saw a deer in the kill box.
Awesome hunt!!!

fairchaser

Sometimes when you draw an arrow back the string will pinch it and slightly push the arrow forward. If you don't release it and let it down it will sit there until you draw back again at which time it will fall off the string completely. I always have to re nock my arrow after I draw and let up.

Latest posts