What caliber and bullet do u prefer on coyotes.

squirrel_hunter

Hi i always used a 22 250 and a 22 250AI. And loaded with berger 52 gr hp. But i bought a 204 ruger few yrs back. That has become my favorite coyote gun. I have other rifles too use. But i been shooting even hogs here lately with the 204. Killed my last one running. It dropped and went end over end. I been shooting berger 35 gr hp. I picked few boxes berger 40gr hp . I worked up several different loads with different powders with the 40 gr. To me a coyote coming to a call. Doesn't get much better than that.

FLTENNHUNTER1

1356267-tiger-tank-wallpaper-2560x1600-for-desktop.jpg

Swampster

I use a 150gr .308. Since I got a rec 10 a couple of years ago, this is pretty much what I use for most things. It is accurate at 100 yards, seems to be good at 450, and should be good well beyond. It is good for target shooting, coyotes, deer, ... I like simplicity and consistency. By using one gun, one caliber, one bullet weight (and brand and style) for everything I shoot better and more confidently. I pretty much have the bullet drop memorized, and the app for my scope is on my phone anyway with my setup as the default.

I do have to admit, it would be a bit much for squirrels or blackbirds.

squirrel_hunter

I have several boxes of 20 cal berger 30 gr hp bullets. They are no longer made. I worked up few test loads. I would like to try them on a yote. I loaded them up for my 204 ruger.

Latest posts