What’s up

MickThompson

Which one of y'all scared off our new friend?
1C1E3CC7-D265-48C5-8957-8D947DF6D3BA.jpeg

Headhunter

Because I'm one of those who will report poachers to the GW.

Call me a snitch, of whatever you wanna say- I'm dropping the dime on 'em, so don't come telling me about your buddy who killed 5 gobblers over corn.
I agree with that except for I am not saying anything about much of anything I hear anymore. A large amount of hunters and fishermen I know feel the same way. WHY? Because the TWRA will NOT check illegal aliens (even when there are pictures and videos) they will not check illegal aliens or even anyone that appears to be illegal. Sorry, not turning in any poachers when the TWRA is only trying to enforce the law on American citizens and they are ignoring anyone that appears to be an immigrant.

Biggun4214

I agree with that except for I am not saying anything about much of anything I hear anymore. A large amount of hunters and fishermen I know feel the same way. WHY? Because the TWRA will NOT check illegal aliens (even when there are pictures and videos) they will not check illegal aliens or even anyone that appears to be illegal. Sorry, not turning in any poachers when the TWRA is only trying to enforce the law on American citizens and they are ignoring anyone that appears to be an immigrant.
I arrested my fair share of illegals during my career. Most were not held at request of ICE. I actually arrested 2 that used ICE issued bond papers for ID. They spent 10 days in jail and was released due to ICE not taking them. Usually cash bond is the amount of fine and court cost for the offense they were originally charged with (example: $279.00 for fishing without). Local sheriff and judges cannot control what the Feds do.

Headhunter

I arrested my fair share of illegals during my career. Most were not held at request of ICE. I actually arrested 2 that used ICE issued bond papers for ID. They spent 10 days in jail and was released due to ICE not taking them. Usually cash bond is the amount of fine and court cost for the offense they were originally charged with (example: $279.00 for fishing without). Local sheriff and judges cannot control what the Feds do.
Myself and many others have pretty much given up. Just go and watch. You can see multiple laws being broken, the majority of the time they don't even hide what they are doing. Almost never see a game warden. I still abide by game laws, even ones I don't agree with and ones I think are stupid. One of the most idiot laws the TWRA enforces is if you are inside a shooting house, a ground blind, etc. deer hunting, then you have to have orange on, even inside the blind. That is one I would not follow, I don't hunt from blinds on shooting houses, I may, but not likely, but my orange will be hung outside the blind. What good is the orange if you have it on inside a blind or shooting house and no one can see it? Yep bunch of morons at the TWRA.

Biggun4214

I agree that blaze orange would be better served if it was visible outside the blind, etc. But the blaze orange law is TCA set by legislators.
At one time I think officer availability depended on where you were at. Also hunters need to realize that if actual TWRA officers are spread so thin that if they were mayo on a sandwich you would never be able to taste it.

rem270

One of the most idiot laws the TWRA enforces is if you are inside a shooting house, a ground blind, etc. deer hunting, then you have to have orange on, even inside the blind. That is one I would not follow, I don't hunt from blinds on shooting houses, I may, but not likely, but my orange will be hung outside the blind. What good is the orange if you have it on inside a blind or shooting house and no one can see it? Yep bunch of morons at the TWRA.
That is the only law I do break during our 2 week rifle season and during muzzleloader seasons. Once I'm in my hang on or ladder stand the orange goes in my backpack where it can't be seen. I'm not going to be sitting 25' up in a tree and be a target for a lunatic to be running around and snipe me from the distance. The state I hunt it's a requirement even on my own property.

Tenntrapper

That is the only law I do break during our 2 week rifle season and during muzzleloader seasons. Once I'm in my hang on or ladder stand the orange goes in my backpack where it can't be seen. I'm not going to be sitting 25' up in a tree and be a target for a lunatic to be running around and snipe me from the distance. The state I hunt it's a requirement even on my own property.
😂 😂 Why, when I tried to picture you in a tree, was this my first image?? 😂 😂 😂

IMG_20240313_175833.jpg

deerhunter10

Myself and many others have pretty much given up. Just go and watch. You can see multiple laws being broken, the majority of the time they don't even hide what they are doing. Almost never see a game warden. I still abide by game laws, even ones I don't agree with and ones I think are stupid. One of the most idiot laws the TWRA enforces is if you are inside a shooting house, a ground blind, etc. deer hunting, then you have to have orange on, even inside the blind. That is one I would not follow, I don't hunt from blinds on shooting houses, I may, but not likely, but my orange will be hung outside the blind. What good is the orange if you have it on inside a blind or shooting house and no one can see it? Yep bunch of morons at the TWRA.
I'm probably in the minority but I wish they would do away with orange 6 or 8 ft and above. I don't wear it at all on my own place. But on our leases would love to see that change. I wouldnt even mind it being optional on all private weather it's own or lease. I understand it completely on public and I understand there's plenty of arguments on wearing it on private just my opinion.

I'm probably in the minority but I wish they would do away with orange 6 or 8 ft and above. I don't wear it at all on my own place. But on our leases would love to see that change. I wouldnt even mind it being optional on all private weather it's own or lease. I understand it completely on public and I understand there's plenty of arguments on wearing it on private just my opinion.
I agree with you but with uneven terrain you could still be below a target no matter how high you get. I do not wear it on my place but i do have it with me.

MickThompson

I agree with you but with uneven terrain you could still be below a target no matter how high you get. I do not wear it on my place but i do have it with me.
And you never know what kind of hunter is in the woods with you. Seems like most of the hunters shot without orange are shot by hunters in their party- people that should've known that someone was out there without orange on, and that the victim apparently trusted to be a safe hunter.

Seems like I remember a fatal father/son incident on a Catoosa draw hunt a few years ago.

Popcorn

2-Step Enabled
Cookeville, TN Cadiz, KY and random other places
I had a new guest hunter on one of my KY farms called me during gun opener loudly reporting a poacher killing everything that moved and others "shooting" all around him causing him to see nothing! I asked him if he was in the blind I put him in, No. I asked "where are you?" "Walking out" he said at 8:30 in the morning while demanding I call the game warden. I met him on the trail in my UTV he was beside himself, "listen" he said, "yep I said that's ft. Campbell firing range a couple miles over"
Then from the north, someone emptied a magazine from what sounded like a 9mm or a .40 caliber and he said "That guy, must be shooting at everything that moves. "Nope, that's a retired serviceman, lives about a quarter mile north of here, has a target range in his back yard". He was quiet for the ride. I have a blind just for certain folks, we call it "the gar hole" 😜 that afternoon I put him in the gar hole 🤣. Needless to say he didn't come back for day 2.
There! I tattled on "that guy" and myself 😜,

backyardtndeer

mike243

It might take a act of congress to get onto somebody's property without hard facts these days. Hands might be tied at this point until something changes.

Carlos

And you never know what kind of hunter is in the woods with you. Seems like most of the hunters shot without orange are shot by hunters in their party- people that should've known that someone was out there without orange on, and that the victim apparently trusted to be a safe hunter.

Seems like I remember a fatal father/son incident on a Catoosa draw hunt a few years ago.
You're right.
I don't know the details about the orange, but I heard they'd taken their orange off while inside the blind, hunting together.
The story I heard was, one of them shot a buck, and the Father stayed in the blind while the Son slipped out to go tag the buck. When he got pretty close to it- the buck tried to jump up, and the Dad shot, accidentally hitting his son thru the chest.
Horrible deal all around.

Latest posts