Welp it has come to an end

REN

To clear up confusion (my fault) on a previous post of mine, I called in the bird for my buddy but I wasn't the shooter. Was more special then me shooting it just because I was with him again after 10 years

anyways filled my last tag this morning and on public land at that. Had 2 toms gobbling like crazy (double and triple gobbling) but I had a poor set up and they just sat gobbling and strutting at 40yds but I couldn't see them. They eventually walked off. Had to leave anyways but heard another one way towards the back still gobbling. Thought what the heck I'll try him as I walk out
Got within 100yds and it was so thick I decided to just set up in a very small opening I found. 15mins later he is literally 15yds from me but it's so thick I can't see him at all just hear him gobble and drum. FINALLY he moved 5yds to the left in an opening I had and shoot him at 12 yds. Was the closest bird I've had in years gobbling his head off and I literally couldn't see him.
Seasons over but now I'll just focus on getting my 13 year old a bird instead which will be as fun if not more rewarding if it works out.
1FCCAF5E-BC0B-4A80-9DA3-5CE73302C017.jpeg
01104F8E-7FA4-4BCE-BAB7-398B9AB2D4E3.jpeg
B39BFF7E-1C2D-4253-AE6D-6C017FAE6B61.jpeg
49D67FF0-1B6F-4A43-BFD0-E3E6D3B2CE62.jpeg

themanpcl

To clear up confusion (my fault) on a previous post of mine, I called in the bird for my buddy but I wasn't the shooter. Was more special then me shooting it just because I was with him again after 10 years

anyways filled my last tag this morning and on public land at that. Had 2 toms gobbling like crazy (double and triple gobbling) but I had a poor set up and they just sat gobbling and strutting at 40yds but I couldn't see them. They eventually walked off. Had to leave anyways but heard another one way towards the back still gobbling. Thought what the heck I'll try him as I walk out
Got within 100yds and it was so thick I decided to just set up in a very small opening I found. 15mins later he is literally 15yds from me but it's so thick I can't see him at all just hear him gobble and drum. FINALLY he moved 5yds to the left in an opening I had and shoot him at 12 yds. Was the closest bird I've had in years gobbling his head off and I literally couldn't see him.
Seasons over but now I'll just focus on getting my 13 year old a bird instead which will be as fun if not more rewarding if it works out.
View attachment 72017View attachment 72018View attachment 72019View attachment 72020
Congrats!

REN

What phone took those pics?
Iphone 10 Max I think. its not the newest one but the previous model. it all really comes down to light, shadows and angle really then with a decent editing app you can make decent pictures look really good.

use portrait mode if you like them with a blur background. try not to take them with the sun behind the object as that will make your focal point very dark and the background blown out. Take pictures at the same angle as the subject if you can vs aiming down at them.

Latest posts