Just not feeling it.

CATCHDAWG

Had to make myself get out of bed this morning to go hunting. Get to my property and shortly after daylight I could hear three maybe four different gobblers. One well within working distance. I used to almost start shaking hearing such but not today. I made a few calls and the closest one gobbles immediately. A couple more calls and I can tell he's coming. In a few minutes he circled behind me and came into my left at fifteen yards. He busted me right away when I tried to get the gun on him and was gone before I could shoot. For some reason I wasn't disappointed. I didn't even try for another bird, just walked back to the truck and came back home. Don't even know if I'll go back this year. For whatever reason, I just don't have that fire in me this year. If I'm not feeling that excitement I just feel like I shouldn't be doing it. Hope you guys are having a great opening day!

PalsPal

Understand, as I'm the same way with deer.

But, if you know a kid or friend who has never turkey hunted, seeing them get the fire can rejuvenate you.

If not, maybe you could mentor a new hunter.

If none of those are appealing, how much to lease your property for turkey only :) ?

NChunt1

I know where your coming from. It really bothers me when the fires not there as it once was, it depresses me honestly. But in my case if is other stressors in life and my own Problems fogging my brain and causes me to lose some enjoyment. But the fire is never completely out and I'm committed to chasing that flame for the rest of my days

Last edited:

tickweed

Other things can steal the love of hobbies, the outdoors. Past events in a persons life can rob them of things that they once lived for. Its sad, but happens. Its called depression

CATCHDAWG

Understand, as I'm the same way with deer.

But, if you know a kid or friend who has never turkey hunted, seeing them get the fire can rejuvenate you.

If not, maybe you could mentor a new hunter.

If none of those are appealing, how much to lease your property for turkey only :) ?
My oldest boy will be glad to take over. I've always made him wait until I'm done before he moves in.

CATCHDAWG

Other things can steal the love of hobbies, the outdoors. Past events in a persons life can rob them of things that they once lived for. Its sad, but happens. Its called depression
I can assure you that I'm not depressed nor have I lost my love for the outdoors. I think I felt like I wanted a fly rod in my hand more than a shotgun though. I'm going fishing tomorrow…🙂

timberjack86

I can assure you that I'm not depressed nor have I lost my love for the outdoors. I think I felt like I wanted a fly rod in my hand more than a shotgun though. I'm going fishing tomorrow…🙂
You need a Dr Buddy, 🤪 I like to fish but I'd rather have a gun in my hand heading to the woods any day. Different strokes I guess.

Bgoodman30

My buddy is the same way. Kept wishing he brought his rod for the creek. Called one to 15 steps for him this morning and he never took the gun out of his lap……

Latest posts