Ethical Or Not

Spurhunter

I mean I can't be the only one who has unloaded a gun at a bird. Absolutely not ethical but in my pissed off rage of missing a bird I've sent it before šŸ˜‚ let's be real here.. no I'm not advocating for it nor do I think it's ethical
I've never unloaded a gun but I fired a 2nd shot at a bird flying off out of range once. If you've duck hunted much it becomes second nature to immediately pump another one into the chamber and fire again after a miss. It becomes almost involuntary. That's what happened on that turkey. I hated I did it, but it happened.

TheLBLman

I'm of the opinion that many presumed misses
are often hits that don't immediately kill.

When only high-probability shots, well within range, are taken,
there should seldom be anything but recovered dead birds.
And no question about hit or miss.

30-06 type of guy

2022 Roosted a bird with my buddy opening day and got on him the next morning. Bird comes in to 25 yards my buddy misses twice. I picked my gun up and hit him on the trot at 30ish. Fast forward to that same season and very last day of season. After about an hour of back n forth I called up a group of birds about 250 across the field. We plan for a double. That same buddy shoots before my bird comes in to my view. He misses twice point blank and his bird takes flight so I ended up dropping his bird with my single shot. Don't think we've hunted together since then šŸ˜‚

Rakkin6

If I miss cleanly and he isn't injured I let him go, it was just his day or it wasn't mine whichever way you look at it. Personally I don't take running shots on animals, it's not that I can't shoot well enough but to much can go wrong and the one deer and one turkey I lost in my life made me sick to my stomach for a week.

Latest posts