well i went ahead and did it

1 good shot

i sent my 700lh off to have a douglas 257wby barrel put on it
itd custom did one in 240wby a few years ago for me and it is really sweet and i'm stokes about getting this one done

Hunter 257W

I'd like to try that 110 Accubond in my 257W. Should hold together for those pesky deer that don't appreciate you having a Weatherby magnum and they run by at only 45 yards where normal bullets may not withstand the impact velocity. :) At this point I'm using Barnes TTSX but would like something softer for really long shots where you start to have the opposite problem of not enough velocity.

Deer Assassin

1 good shot":2lalmwe6 said:
Deer Assassin":2lalmwe6 said:
110 accubond over retumbo 3517 fps

set it and forget it

congrats
i'll try that

i will look up my data this weekend
if i remember there was like no load data for it i worked up to 3600 fps no pressure groups were .6 but at 3517 the groups were .2-.3 weatherby mark 4 or 5 it was an upper end weatherby rifle

also i was using weatherby brass the federal brass would not hold the charge but the actual weatherby brass would

1 good shot

Deer Assassin":1ymwl0yz said:
1 good shot":1ymwl0yz said:
Deer Assassin":1ymwl0yz said:
110 accubond over retumbo 3517 fps

set it and forget it

congrats
i'll try that

i will look up my data this weekend
if i remember there was like no load data for it i worked up to 3600 fps no pressure groups were .6 but at 3517 the groups were .2-.3 weatherby mark 4 or 5 it was an upper end weatherby rifle

also i was using weatherby brass the federal brass would not hold the charge but the actual weatherby brass would
thanks
selway has the factory weatherby ammo at 31 per box and thats about as cheap as i can get the brass so i thought i would get some of that so i would have the brass

Latest posts