Well, here we go again.

Polar Kraft

According to the TWRA, the old hickory food holes are a complete loss. Word is that we are supposed to be really hammered up here this week with some rain, so what survived the last heavy round will be killed this time. Good news is that unit 2 on old hickory usually does REALLY well during years like this, so that's where I'll be. Good luck to yall, 12 more days

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Mid-Tenn

Same situation in Dover.

A large area of the bottoms now look like a mud flat as a result of the flooding.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Sorry to hear that for ya'll.

I just hope we don't get flood after flood like last year once the season starts.
That got old quick, like opening day quick.

Nhill

I'm coming over to the Old Hickory draw for the first time this year. We've never been to Old Hickory before, I wonder if the flooding will result in a lower turnout for the drawing?

bowfish12

Heard Cheatham was flooded out as well. Parts of Dover too. And the flooding won't matter one bit. The same amount of people will show up.

Tennessee280

we all know ducks don't come to the hick to eat.. they simply come to torture you by filling up the bottoms every night and leaving 1-30 min before shooting time not to be seen again.. barely touch the food.. its the same birds all season and you always "hope for that push" of new ducks, normally getting a few around Christmas/new years, then you start waiting on the weather that never comes.. but when it finally does, and you're in one of those holes where the ducks never came back during shooting hours, guess what, they start coming back and it gets reeeeaalll fun!! and then 2-3 days later you swear you're never hunting at that god awful place ever again..

Latest posts