Well gonna try for some yotes

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
The coyotes have been roaming around my house for a couple years now.
Seen them as close as 3 feet to my chain link fence in my back yard.
Dogs wake me up nearly every morning within 10 minutes of 2:00 a.m. going off.
I am hesitant to use a trap due to the possibility of catching a domestic dog but I believe I am gonna put a couple out this evening.
Figure if I get them out before dark I can check them right at daylight in the morning and if I do have a domestic dog I can let it go without too many people seeing it.
I know it won't hurt it but the non-trapping viewers wouldn't like it I am sure.

Not sure if I want to make a couple sets close to the road, where I see them alot, or move it out about 200 yards into the field under the power lines, where I see them alot.

Trapper

Set them on the Power Lines ,had the same problem about 3 months ago got tried of getting up at 3 every morning .Finally made two sets and caught 2 females in 2 days and then it went dead ,but I'm sleeping all night now without dogs barking so I guess I took care of the problem.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
TN Song Dog":3us6xt8k said:
Ruger, you have any luck with them?

Naw,
Just as I figured, and as they said on here, I should have made the sets near the powerlines.
I just didn't want everyone in the neighborhood seeing me walking out across the field and possibly seeing a yote in a trap before I could check it in the mornings.
I tripped both sets but didn't have a shovel big enough to dig my anchor out. :shock: Good grief that ground was hard !!

It was supposed to rain here Monday and I was gonna pull them then but the rain never showed.
Guess I will pull them in the next day or so.

I knew it would be hit or miss as close to the road as I set them but lots of times they will be up that close.
Might talk to the landowner and see what he thinks about me putting them farther out.
Sucks but public opinion on trapping sucks alot of times.
I figure everyone that lives around me would be all for it because they are probably as tired of getting woke up by my dogs as I am. :D

Latest posts