weekend fishing

WTM

during the day on KY lake sucks arse now. i fish mostly evenings when i get home for a little bit now. havent fished a whole lot out of my boat for the last two years but some with my wife from the bank.

last month when my son came down we fished during the week and it was pretty good. fished some pocket water near the flats and caught a couple busting baitfish probably 2-3 pound fish. hung into one that may have went 4-5 skipping a spinnerbait into a laydown. didnt hook it good and it come off on the jump.

switched over to bluegill and caught 1 along with about 50 longear sunfish. told my son the bluegill have went deeper. found a spot about a mile long with emergent weeds dropping off into the old creek channel and mayflies along the whole thing. birds were feasting on them and the baitfish looked like they were raining out of the sky. not one dang keeper along that whole thing other than the longears.

couple of thoughts crossed my mind:

why does someone need one or two verado 400's on pontoon boat?

why do boats and pwc's change direction and come head on to where you are fishing just to wave at you like clowns and throw wake?

is it just me or does two dudes riding without their shirts in a ski boat just seem off?

why do people run 40-50mph in front of a swimming area?

anyway probably be better fishing at night on the weekends.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I wish I lived closer to fish there more, but then again, it is nice to get on the water and be the only boat there for the first hour or two.

BigCityBubba

I believe the answer to all of your questions is because they can. Also, what does need got to do with anything?

I have been fishing a bank on Ky Lake and had some filthy meth head looking people in an old beat up aluminum bass boat come between me and the bank. I was only about 20yds out from the bank. There was no way they did not know what they were doing. They probably were armed and hoping for a confrontation or I was fishing their bank. There are some dangerous people living around the lake. Its not as bad as it was 20 to 30 years ago when people would murder each other for mussel shells but they are still around.

WTM

I wish I lived closer to fish there more, but then again, it is nice to get on the water and be the only boat there for the first hour or two.
it can be fun when the water is about 356. i try to get out there then just to see the idiots run a ground on the flats. i try to give them a big wave and a smile as i move on by. kind of like they do to me in the summer.

Latest posts