Waterfowl taxidermist

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I dunno if we have any on here or not but I have a question.

I want to get a piece done that will contain two pintail drakes and a pintail hen all done in a dead mount.
I have a piece of barnwood that I am going to put them on.
The board is about 6" wide and about 10 feet long.
My plan is to cut about 24" from one end and then flip around and cut about 24" from the other end.
Put those two pieces with the un-cut ends at the top. They aren't straight across, kinda jagged, like old barn wood looks, that is the desired look for this.
Then I am going to take the remaining center piece of the boar and cut me a strip off each edge about 1 1/2" wide and then connect the two 24" pieces together by screwing the strips to the big boards to make what I can best describe as a shutter look, if that makes sense.

Then have the 3 ducks deadmounted to the boards.

My questions are, do you think about 12" by 24" will be large enough?
Too large?
Also, I know getting duck mounts done are expensive but I don't have to have show quality mounts here, just something that looks good and won't rot. :)

On top of these I also have a redhead and a widgeon that I would like to get done after the pintails.
Anyone know of a decent taxidermist that might give a man a discount for 5 ducks?

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
I don't think that'll be big enough for 3 ducks. Depending on how you want them displayed, it may need to be a little longer, and definitely a little wider. I'm not a good one to ask about taxidermy prices, I send all mine home with my brother when he's home at Christmas, and he brings them back to me the following year and I just have to buy the supplies if anything. Think my last deer mount cost me $20.

Latest posts