Novice Taxidermist?

TAFKAP

I'm not trying to take over Spurhunter's thread seeking a good taxidermist. So here goes:

I want to get a duck mounted. I don't care how poorly it turns out, so long as it's preserved and doesn't degrade. It's really a project for a novice learning how to do it. Seriously, the worse the mount looks, the better. The person I take the duck to will be given this picture as my desired pose. I'm 100% serious and not joking. I want a very badly posed duck

1706026680512.png

DeerCamp

I'm not trying to take over Spurhunter's thread seeking a good taxidermist. So here goes:

I want to get a duck mounted. I don't care how poorly it turns out, so long as it's preserved and doesn't degrade. It's really a project for a novice learning how to do it. Seriously, the worse the mount looks, the better. The person I take the duck to will be given this picture as my desired pose. I'm 100% serious and not joking. I want a very badly posed duck

View attachment 212777
I actually think it would be expensive to make it look that bad

TAFKAP

I'm gonna ask the question everybody wants to know…why?

One of my closest friends earns his paycheck by flying helos. Last winter, they were on a mission & had a bluebill crash through their windscreen leaving a gaping hole, and missed both of the pilots, and ended up in the back of the chopper. They made an emergency turn around, landed, and removed the still-alive, but gravely injured duck.

I promised him I'd find a taxidermist that could somehow replicate a splattered duck and we'd get him a tribute bird to hang up.

4Low

You got a bluebill in the freezer or do I need to see if there's one in the freezer?
Years ago I could go get a fresh one but they seem to not be on KY lake as much.

huvrman

When I first read your post I saw bluegill instead of bluebill. As a retired helo pilot myself, I was trying To figure out how that could happen…

Gravey

One of my closest friends earns his paycheck by flying helos. Last winter, they were on a mission & had a bluebill crash through their windscreen leaving a gaping hole, and missed both of the pilots, and ended up in the back of the chopper. They made an emergency turn around, landed, and removed the still-alive, but gravely injured duck.

I promised him I'd find a taxidermist that could somehow replicate a splattered duck and we'd get him a tribute bird to hang up.
Classic! I'm not a duck hunter but have been on some hunts. The only bird I ever had mounted was a bluebill.

TAFKAP

You got a bluebill in the freezer or do I need to see if there's one in the freezer?
Years ago I could go get a fresh one but they seem to not be on KY lake as much.

I shot a couple lesser scaup this past weekend, which don't seem to have nearly as bright blue of a beak as the greater scaup "bluebill". They're hanging in the fridge right now.