Waterfowl counts

TimberMan

When will the first waterfowl counts be released? Historically the first counts happen around November 15. We are technically two counts into the season and nothing is posted?

Dodge Man

I don't think it a top priority to actually post them to the website. I guess it is assigned to someone that just gets to it when they can or feel like it. The past 2-3 years it normally takes 2-3 weeks after the count before it makes it on the website. Maybe they have forgot to do it this year.

Titanxd17

Well since they wanna be like Missouri with this blind tier stuff. Missouri does counts every week of refuges and also how many ducks were killed on a day today basis on the wma. Too bad we can't get info like that.

TimberMan

Well since they wanna be like Missouri with this blind tier stuff. Missouri does counts every week of refuges and also how many ducks were killed on a day today basis on the wma. Too bad we can't get info like that.
Exactly, this would allow everyone to see how many spots go unhunted and how west tn is not the guaranteed limit spot everyone thinks it is.

TimberMan

I'm not looking for opportunity handouts. I have worked at this for 30 years and know my way around the areas I hunt. I enjoy comparing what is reported to what is actually seen in the field. Many times I have seen counts reported near 100000 and see a few dozen birds in the air over the reported refuge. Not saying the counts are wrong but from my viewpoint I couldn't seen them.

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
It's a lot to get used to, and you have no choice but to expand each module/widget/whatever if you're using your phone. But the Map version is simply fascinating. Lot more information. Actual map of survey area, and when they overlap you can compare surveys in the same area, since sometimes they don't check all pools. Especially on ground surveys.

For instance, there was this tidbit about discovering illegal hunters on a refuge in Jackson Co. Maybe that was in the original spreadsheets and I simply missed it.

Attachments

• DFA8ADF7-55DC-4A37-978D-AD71E18FCD1B.jpeg
    DFA8ADF7-55DC-4A37-978D-AD71E18FCD1B.jpeg
    67.9 KB · Views: 60

Latest posts