Waterfowl Counts

tickweed

I'm hunting every day. No ducks, especially mallards. No improvement at all at Tigrett . Even with high water, which is now falling, no increase at all in birds, probably less than we had, which is none. I wonder if Horns Bluff has any at all? Im saying no. No traffic at all down the middle fork from horns bluff to the north fork. This is the worst season I have seen in 25 plus yrs hunting here. Fewest mallards ever seen in a season. I would bet , if could be proven, mallard counts are WAY down, much more than they realize.

Levee Jumper

Killed 42 total the last 3 days, about 60 percent being mallards. Averaged seeing around 250-300 ducks each day from daylight to 3 P.M.. In terms of seeing ducks, this is the worst I can remember.

JhnDeereMan

2-Step Enabled
Our roost count at night is up a good bit in the last week. We have noticed a uptick in mallards for sure but there seems to be a huge push of green wing teal and an unusual amount of shovelers.

Hopefully tomorrow is the day.

Displaced_Vol

You all seen the bird cast live migration map? I won't pretend to know how accurate it is but it's fun to look at. Anyway I checked it this morning and it showed a pretty good amount of movement in west TN…all coming from the south. That would explain the teal and Hollywoods.

Latest posts