Walleye in Chickamauga

Snowwolfe

We often fish in Lake Chickamauga just below the Watts Bar dam. Any suggestions on how to fish for walleyes? Most of our fishing has been for catfish in this area but would love to target something else for a change.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I have seen some youtubers catch them on bobby garland jigs fished on or near the bottom.

They stocked them at a local lake and I haven't caught one yet though. LOL

TDW05

2-Step Enabled
I have seen some youtubers catch them on bobby garland jigs fished on or near the bottom.

They stocked them at a local lake and I haven't caught one yet though. LOL
Yep, only one I have ever caught out of chickamagua was on a Bobby garland lil' joker or whatever they are called with the three tentacles blue/white with tips dipped in garlic. It was a solid 5-6 pound fish too. Caught him before class when I was at chatt state. :cool:

rsimms

We often fish in Lake Chickamauga just below the Watts Bar dam. Any suggestions on how to fish for walleyes? Most of our fishing has been for catfish in this area but would love to target something else for a change.
Our walleye guide, Capt. Scott Lillie, trolls crankbaits for them. But there is definitely a learning curve in knowing what to troll and how to troll it. Plus it varies CONSIDERABLY based upon how much water they are releasing from the dam. I never like to "hard sell" on TNDeer, but the fact is, if it is something you're serious about doing, booking a trip with Capt. Lillie would help you climb that learning curve MUCH quicker. He only has one remaining date open in May, but has several days open in June. Here's a video from a while ago back to whet your appetite. ;)

Crow Terminator

^^^ That's what I was going to recommend...getting a guide or going with someone that has them figured out. Just randomly trolling crankbaits down there will catch you a lot of fish but not your target species. Mostly drum, catfish, and white bass. There's a guy I work with that has em figured out. But he trolls and drifts grubs a lot, and fishes the rock piles.

Snowwolfe

Thanks guys. A guided trip might be in my future. I learned a lot about fishing catfish in the same area when my wife and I went out with Capt Richard 4-5 years ago.
Please keep the comments coming

Last edited:

Latest posts