Waddell

Pic IN the Casa

Some of you guys have some really pompous egotistical attitudes! Tape some of your calling and let us judge you.

The guy did win a national calling championship which is how he met Bill Jordan.
Exactly. And I can smell the jealousy through my phone.
Waddell Derangement Syndrome?

Pic IN the Casa

Saying Waddell sucks as a turkey hunter is akin to saying (beloved Tennessean) Bill Dance sucks at bass fishing because he always throws the same square bill from his pedestal seat, while fishing trophy-managed, private pits.

The fact is they're both entertainers. They tape shows meant to appeal to the majority. Not a particular subset of elitist snobs. Those types will never be satisfied anyway.

The end goal is to sell products. If he sat down and taped every show with a mouth call and box call, he'd never sell the $149 Boss Tom decoy. Which has a greater profit margin than a $19 slate call.

It's business. That's his job.
Perfect analogy.
Where are all the Dance Haters when he's on private lakes yanking 4-6lbers out every other cast, while pushing his products?

TheLBLman

Now a kid got shot in the face on Yanahli fanning a turkey. It did not have to happen.
Wow.

This past Friday I saw the makings of another.
Kid appeared to be @ 18 or so.
As stupid as he was behaving, he'll be lucky to ever see 30.

He was fast-walking the North-South Trail, holding one of those full-body fanning turkeys on a handle in front of his face as he fast walked. His "strategy" was to top the rises, whereby whatever on the other side would only see the appearance of a strutting turkey.

I personally witnessed this, and while he was in no danger from me, he could have been very easily killed by another hunter a bit more eager to fire upon the strutting turkey fast coming in over the rise. He was only @ 35 yds from me when I saw the fan & turkey pop-up. Some hunters would have quickly just shot, and he would not have survived at that range.

I scared the bejebbers out of him when I spoke, from sitting in my turkey lounger about 10 feet off the trail as he trotted by. Pretty quickly figured out he wasn't very bright, and he continued on, almost running, holding that thing right in front of his face.

hooks

Now a kid got shot in the face on Yanahli fanning a turkey. It did not have to happen.

Any word on his condition? Saw on FB that Life Flight was landing in someone's back yard nearby to carry him out, but that was part of a screenshot someone sent me. Hope he is alright.

This is the first first I've heard of this. No one got the message that covid was over and they should be working instead of hunting. I've never seen so many hunters out there as this year.

Agreed. I typically hunt public the majority of the time because my private land spot is a decent drive away, but have been driving the extra distance to private because of the crazy amount of people. Family member who has hunted out there his whole life said this may be the worst he has ever seen in terms of number of hunters and pressure.

Rakkin6

Hope the child pulls through and fully recovers.

Has far has Waddell goes I don't dislike him I just don't watch a lot of outdoors shows. I have met him twice and he seems like a great dude and down to earth. He probably is a really good hunter, heck it's what he does he should have enough practice. But he does make money from promoting certain products which I am cool with, lots of people do this it's called capitalism. Now that doesn't mean I am going to go not and buy every Primos product made. At the end of the day he found a niche and is making a living from his passion.

FLTENNHUNTER1

This is the first first I've heard of this. No one got the message that covid was over and they should be working instead of hunting. I've never seen so many hunters out there as this year.
Same thing with boats on the water. Way too many out there for my liking. Hopefully I will see as many boats for sale soon as I do RV's.

Latest posts