For your viewing pleasure.... Waddell again

Setterman

How many people complaining that Waddell is doing what he does for likes/views are same ones who race to post vids/pics/stories on their own social media pages just begging for "attaboy" or "killa" comments?? As I've said before, social media is the damnation of a lot of things, hunting is no exception.
I can honestly say I don't think I've ever posted a kill on social media. Not one that remember any way. I use social media for trip pictures so my family doesn't bug the yugo out of me constantly

Jbird22

I can honestly say I don't think I've ever posted a kill on social media. Not one that remember any way. I use social media for trip pictures so my family doesn't bug the **** out of me constantly
I know I haven't because I don't have and never have had an account on any of them. I only share my turkey hunting specifics with a select few friends. I dang sure have no desire to post it on the interweb for every Tom, Rick, and Harry to see.

Last edited:

Setterman

I know I haven't because I don't have and never have had an account on any of them. I only share my turkey hunting specifics with a select few friends. I dang sure have no desire post it on the interweb for every Tom, Rick, and Harry to see.
Same for me, I used to post a few on here but any more I keep those memories just for me.

megalomaniac

One good thing about those that post on the net.... you can bet they at least checked them in :)!

The real killers aren't posting their turkeys anywhere. Not even taking pics. Just heading to the woods with a shotgun, a call, and a pocketknife and ziplock bag for the meat. Thise folks scare the $HIT outta me and the turkeys!

arkwaterfowler

I have hunted turkeys since 1996. Started in humphreys county and killed em all over the state. Called em up to 5 steps and blew their head off with no blind or decoy. I know how a turkey thinks and how to kill him when he's not interested. I know how to kill em with out a call.

BUT. I won't demonize a guy for killing his first over a decoy. I won't demonize a kid for killing a turkey over a strutter. These folks vote with us.

HOWEVER I will criticize a lazy hunter for never developing his craft as a turkey hunter.

of all the game hunters out there I respect a seasoned turkey hunter over em all. No other game brings the elation or frustration of the wild turkey.

carry on.

REN

Got no issues with folks posting them to their personal page. I don't always post them but do sometimes. I got buddies and family that enjoy seeing them.

Having said that @Setterman i do enjoy seeing your trip pics and usually pretty jealous of them haha.

Setterman

Got no issues with folks posting them to their personal page. I don't always post them but do sometimes. I got buddies and family that enjoy seeing them.

Having said that @Setterman i do enjoy seeing your trip pics and usually pretty jealous of them haha.
Haha! That started so post trip I didn't have to send pics to everyone. I really enjoy seeing other people's Turkey pics and stories. I just don't do it myself, and sorry if my original post seemed to demonize it.

deerfever

I don't think anyone said anything about a kid or mom to make Waddell go on his rant to my knowledge , he just adds some situations to make what he does seem right . That is the 2nd rant I have seen by him and what people are getting on him for is crawling behind his gobbler on a stick! He is supposed to be an industry pro and should know anytime you post a tactic that some people do not agree with some of the comments could be negative. He is not helping himself or his cause by going on rants and calling people communist and jerks. Civil discussion has to work both ways. He should either quit posting his hunts or just learn to ignore negative comments on social media. See attached photo below , what could possibly go wrong with guys seeing this and using it on public land? It's not like you are hid behind something legal to shoot or anything. Seen it with my own eyes at one of the most crowded WMA in the state this season. Fan, beard , head wings this thing was the Cadillac of gobblers on a stick. Those should be illegal and for sure on public land in my opinion, it's ok if others disagree we can disagree on things of this nature without a fuss or rant. I would be afraid to crawl through my front yard behind it. I grew up in the don't even wear anything red , white or blue turkey hunting days. Now people are crawling behind the most realistic looking gobblers they can find just to kill a turkey? I just don't get it

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220515-203901~2.png
    Screenshot_20220515-203901~2.png
    200.8 KB · Views: 73

TheLBLman

See attached photo below , what could possibly go wrong with guys seeing this and using it on public land?
Also, this is not just crazy stupid on public land, but most private property as well.
It's been my experiences over decades there's many times more trespassing/poaching by turkey hunters than by deer hunters.

You are safe no where doing something so stupid.

Personally, if I had a good friend or family member get killed "reaping or fanning" with one of his endorsed products, I'd be pushing a huge class action lawsuit, which would include naming Waddell as a defendant for his role in promoting such a stupidly dangerous tactic. It would seem impossible that he doesn't know the liabilities of what he's pushing, but does it anyway for the notoriety and the money. He'll only stop if it hurts his pocketbook?

Also, the dangers of this tactic are not limited to getting shot in the face. This tactic greatly increases the prospects of some pit viper fangs injecting deadly venom in one's neck ---- something far, far more deadly than a snakebite to the foot or hand.

Chickenrig

man I really do like Waddell as a person and he always has seemed like a nice fella, but man he now just seems like he let social media and criticism just change him. Also seems like sales and promotion are more important to him then the general direction of hunting and tradition which is sad to see.
It is called greed , plain and simple

rukiddin

Alm y'all getting y'all's panties in a wad over a bird with perfectly fine capabilities of flight, but yet will give a possum a run for its money on crossing a road without getting splattered………………………

I dont turkey hunt, tried it, killed a gobbler, not my thing. I load more tss than most for turkey hunters and enjoy seeing their success, but as far as going or watching it on tv, I'd rather watch paint dry……….

redblood

In my opinion, he is scared. He was set up with realtree and was a champion of guided hunts and huge trophy leases. Anyone could have been successful in those situations. But hunters, myself included, grew weary of just another "UTV ride to the shooting house, and shoot a monster buck with a cool name hunt". Then the hunting show climate changed. Youtube brought forth real hunters and actual hunts on family land farms and public ground anyone could hunt. THP, DIY hunter and Catman (and hundreds more) portrayed hunting in its purest since- hunting pressured animals that anyone can hunt. He doesnt have the level of skill or patience to ride this wave. Hes old news, a relic to a dying genre (RIP Jackie Bushman lol). So his overtop slogans like "bone collector" and "cant stop the flop", is a last ditch effort to grasp the diminutive fragment of the hunting segment that still sees him as relevant.

Last edited:

rem270

In my opinion, he is scared. He was set up with realtree and was a champion of guided hunts and huge trophy leases. Anyone could have been successful in those situations. But hunters, myself included, grew weary of just another "UTV ride to the shooting house, and shoot a monster buck with a cool name hunt". Then the hunting show climate changed. Youtube brought forth real hunters and actual hunts on family land farms and public ground anyone could hunt. THP, DIY hunter and Catman (and hundreds more) portrayed hunting in its purest since- hunting pressured animals that anyone can hunt. He doesnt have the level of skill or patience to ride this wave. Hes an old news, a relic to a dying genre (RIP Jackie Bushman lol). So his overtop slogans like "bone collector" and "cant stop the flop", is a last ditch effort to grasp the diminutive fragment of the hunting segment that still sees him as relevant.
Well said! I'd rather hunt with Catman or Shane Simpson any day over the ones that have had guided hunts dropped in their laps for decades.

megalomaniac

In my opinion, he is scared. He was set up with realtree and was a champion of guided hunts and huge trophy leases. Anyone could have been successful in those situations. But hunters, myself included, grew weary of just another "UTV ride to the shooting house, and shoot a monster buck with a cool name hunt". Then the hunting show climate changed. Youtube brought forth real hunters and actual hunts on family land farms and public ground anyone could hunt. THP, DIY hunter and Catman (and hundreds more) portrayed hunting in its purest since- hunting pressured animals that anyone can hunt. He doesnt have the level of skill or patience to ride this wave. Hes an old news, a relic to a dying genre (RIP Jackie Bushman lol). So his overtop slogans like "bone collector" and "cant stop the flop", is a last ditch effort to grasp the diminutive fragment of the hunting segment that still sees him as relevant.
Wow, didn't think of it that way, but I think you are EXACTLY right. He IS scared he has become a relic, and doing whatever it takes to preserve his legitimacy in the publics eyes.

It probably is hard to fall so far from a a type of hunter that people look up to all the way down to the type of hunter the masses look down upon.

megalomaniac

Well said! I'd rather hunt with Catman or Shane Simpson any day over the ones that have had guided hunts dropped in their laps for decades.
Lots of the utubers are spending more time on private. Nothing at all wrong with that. Public has become such a circus in the past 4 years they have to go where the turkeys are to make content.

But yes (and thank goodness) they aren't being handheld and stuck behind reaper decoys and blinds. They are still turkey hunting the pure way even on private.

redblood

I dont know shane, but catman doesnt try to sell
Me anything or plug his 200.00 cva muzzleloader that became 300.00 when he put his sticker on it, every 5 minutes during the show

redblood

All Micheal cares about is his 'can't stop the flop' spring massacre. By any means necessary. Quit hiding behind the argument 'hunters are own worst enemy'. It was hunters policing other unethical hunters which ultimately saved big game hunting in North America. Had Waddell been in Teddy Roosevelt's shoes a century ago, he would have shot that little teddy bear tied to a tree in Mississippi and posted his great accomplishment all over Facebook. And then made a bunch of followup videos justifying why it was okay and accusing others of being haters.who called him out on it.

There's a reason why so many other internet reapers have abandoned the tactic in the past couple years. Any dead bird is just not the same as another. If a bird is gonna have to die, he needs to die honorably.

Maybe I'm a masochist, but I actually enjoy the videos where the turkey wins more than the videos of the hunter killing the turkey.
Im just fine with the animal winning. Heck, some times i let him win lol.

AT Hiker

I dont know shane, but catman doesnt try to sell
Me anything or plug his 200.00 cva muzzleloader that became 300.00 when he put his sticker on it, every 5 minutes during the show
Just heard youtube is starting to cut add revenue...catman will be selling his on brand of Nashville hot chicken sauce before long :p