For your viewing pleasure.... Waddell again

StalkingWolf

I have fanned a couple birds in the past, but I'd rather see it outlawed. I never use decoys, or a blind, I just don't care for them.

BUT, Michael Waddell makes a few good points.

Y'all being grumpy complaining on a forum isn't going to help anything. New aspiring hunters aren't going to listen to y'all condemn people like you do on some forum, they're gonna look to the people who are likeable and show them how to turkey hunt.

If you want to make a change, you need to set a good example, be someone that people can look up to. Bitching on social media does more harm than good, especially if you're putting down your fellow hunters.

When I joined this forum in 2010, I was green as grass, and I learned a lot from people I met here. Over time, things have changed, and it seems I see more complaints about everything there is to complain about. It ain't the Tndeer I once knew. I'm just here still because I like to share my opinion sometimes.

I enjoy reading what is left of the good stuff, but forums in general have mostly become a place to complain about other hunters. Tndeer is not alone, it's most forums now.

If you want to make a difference and show someone what it's like to run and gun with just a few turkey calls, like most of us do, then take someone hunting and show them. Explain why too much reaping or killing at all costs might hurt the population sometimes. Also understand that not everybody has the same situation that you do. Don't belittle your fellow hunters and expect to actually help the cause.

Sure Waddell might reap too many turkeys by most standards, sure I don't agree with that, and that may be an issue that needs to be addressed. But he also makes some really good points in the video that we don't need to ignore. The fact that some of y'all didn't even finish the video and made excuses as to why you wont listen to him, says a lot. Remember we are all on the same team at the end of the day.
Well said Catman !!