Waddell

REN

he makes good points but A he is in the business of selling gear which has to be taken into account. I do however agree to the extreme example he used on "YOU SUCK OR WHAT ARE YOU DOING"

while I dont agree at all with some of the tactics these days i would never tell another hunter such things. Can leave most of it as either a congrats or just keep scrolling. Purposly making someone feel bad for no other reason then my own personal opinions isnt the right way to handle anything. I generally dont know them or their knowledge or situation plus I assure you at some point in my hunting career Ive done some things Im not proud of these days lol.

Hunt how you find the most excitement but neither side of the coin should pass judgment on the other (unless its someone like @Gravey that just a shady dude, then feel free)

megalomaniac

Michael Waddell just plain sucks as a turkey hunter. But at some point, he needs to admit he sucks as a turkey hunter and wants to get better instead of just reaping. Folks calling him out because he sucks and is lazy are not doing it because they are jealous of him... they actually want him to develop the desire to improve his skills turkey hunting and appreciate what turkey hunting is all about. Folks like me have given up on him tho and no longer give a crap about his opinions.

TheLBLman

Folks like me have given up on him tho and no longer give a crap about his opinions.
In his earlier times, I did listen to his opinions,
but quickly figured out he was just another "promoter" of stuff
that too often devalues hunting and leads newbies to unrealistic expectations.

When I see an item with his endorsement,
that just repulses me from buying it.

Gravey

he makes good points but A he is in the business of selling gear which has to be taken into account. I do however agree to the extreme example he used on "YOU SUCK OR WHAT ARE YOU DOING"

while I dont agree at all with some of the tactics these days i would never tell another hunter such things. Can leave most of it as either a congrats or just keep scrolling. Purposly making someone feel bad for no other reason then my own personal opinions isnt the right way to handle anything. I generally dont know them or their knowledge or situation plus I assure you at some point in my hunting career Ive done some things Im not proud of these days lol.

Hunt how you find the most excitement but neither side of the coin should pass judgment on the other (unless its someone like @Gravey that just a shady dude, then feel free)
So you have a problem with me hunting with tss patterned at 100 yards while sitting in my ground blind with a remote control turkey strutter over a pile of corn?!?! Why you gotta be a hater??? 😝🤣

Seriously though I agree with you. I don't agree with some things being done today and I'm sure there are those who wouldn't agree with my opinion. At the end of the day just get out and enjoy Gods great outdoors.

gobblegrunt

So you have a problem with me hunting with tss patterned at 100 yards while sitting in my ground blind with a remote control turkey strutter over a pile of corn?!?! Why you gotta be a hater??? 😝🤣

Seriously though I agree with you. I don't agree with some things being done today and I'm sure there are those who wouldn't agree with my opinion. At the end of the day just get out and enjoy Gods great outdoors.
Exactly. Everyone is always concerned about what someone else is doing or how they do it

Rakkin6

Exactly. Everyone is always concerned about what someone else is doing or how they do it
I agree, it's like in Kentucky hunting over bait is legal but not here in Tennessee. In North Carolina they run deer with dogs. Both just seem wrong to me but they are legal in those states. So unless it is illegal I really don't care. Now that being said I also don't listen to all the "outdoor experts"

timberjack86

Let's be serious, Waddell doesn't suck at turkey hunting, but his methods of fanning and whatever that nonsense he is doing now beating the decoy is ridiculous.

I think Waddell is probably a great guy, but I'd love to see him approach this topic with a different attitude.
Stick him in some public land like the mountains of north Georgia or East TN, take away his decoys and blinds and see how he does. If he has any Woodmanship at all he will tag a bird or two. My guess there's a reason he hunts those loaded turkey farms.

JCDEERMAN

Stick him in some public land like the mountains of north Georgia or East TN, take away his decoys and blinds and see how he does. If he has any Woodmanship at all he will tag a bird or two. My guess there's a reason he hunts those loaded turkey farms.
You could say that for just about anyone on tv. I've always said, put "him" in the rolling hardwoods of TN and give him 2 weeks. See how well they do (especially for deer). They likely won't have much fun. Put "him" where the sponsors say to go, it's money in the bank.

PalsPal

My guess there's a reason he hunts those loaded turkey farms.

Because it pays the bills?

I don't watch his videos, or anyone for that matter, other than Catman, and some THP and Shane occasionally.

But, everyone knows that those videos drive sales to certain products. So, if it is your JOB, and you are getting paid to video your hunts, and you KNOW that successful hunts are what people want to see, where would you go ;) ?

Hduke86

I use my East Tennessee turkey hunting as deer season scouting. I have better luck finding good deer hunting spots during turkey season than actually finding a turkey lol

megalomaniac

Put him on a loaded private farm and give him some turkey calls and nothing else. He gonna starve.

Rakkin6

I won't lie, growing up in Morgan County the deer hunting was tough. Plus when you kill one the drag out was horrible. I much prefer Clarksville/Hopkinsville farmland to hunting Catoosa, Gobey or my family land along the Obed. Much more forgiving.

timberjack86

Because it pays the bills?

I don't watch his videos, or anyone for that matter, other than Catman, and some THP and Shane occasionally.

But, everyone knows that those videos drive sales to certain products. So, if it is your JOB, and you are getting paid to video your hunts, and you KNOW that successful hunts are what people want to see, where would you go ;) ?
I'm glad it's not my job to exploit wildlife for profit.

batten_down

This thread. Lol

I've watched Waddel since he got started with Bill Jordan and Realtree. I don't know him personally, but he seems like a good guy. And he's done extremely well for himself, and his family, in an industry that most of us dreamt about at some point in our lives - or still do. Maybe there is some jealousy here? I don't know.

And as far as saying "I wish he would come hunt x or y and show everyone how good he is" are the same guys claiming the ones that are actually doing that (thp), and having success, are ruining public hunting.

Some of you guys should come into the political forum where you will find more worthwhile targets to direct your vitriol. And leave your fellow outdoorsman alone.

Latest posts