Vols @ UGA

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
I'm a DAWGS fan, but not a smack talker. I really don't know what to expect from UGA this weekend, as they played like crap at Mizzou. I expect a win, but not 41-0 like last season. They are just not as good as they were last year, and they've not played a complete game yet. Lots of inexperienced talent. I hope that Kirby can light a fire under the team's butt, and help them straighten out their problems. They may come out gangbusters and score 50 and "pitch a shutout," but I kinda doubt it.

I'm predicting 45-17, and I expect UT to establish a run game. Complain all you want about Guarantano, but QB is NOT the Vols' problem, and he's tough as nails. UT has some silly good receivers that had the dropsies against UF. UGA has a mediocre defensive line that has not pressured the QB much this year. UT could very well score 24 or more, and if they control clock with the run game could keep UGA from scoring as much as many predict.

Thoughts?

Grandslam11

I think they cover the spread but barely. I don't see Kirby running up the score on Pruitt (as if 31.5 points isn't bad enough) but I could be wrong. Its going to be BAD for UT. I just hope the Vols can make through the end of Oct without losing a lot of players due to injury. We are going to need everyone to have hopes of winning an SEC game this year. I Hopefully they will improve a little each game. If they can keep turnovers down, we cover. My prediction 47-17 DAWGS

TreyB

UGA has 2 oline guys out and a starting safety. Haven't watched UGA much this year but I am sure Kirby will blitz TN like crazy... You are right about TN qb, its not on him. The oline is the weak link. But TN has to get some kind of pass rush out of their dline. Not sure if UGA covers but I say UGA 48-13

TreyB

Cant remember the name but which one got hurt in the Mizz game

wayne

Grandslam11":cqw4jf9m said:
I think they cover the spread but barely. I don't see Kirby running up the score on Pruitt (as if 31.5 points isn't bad enough) but I could be wrong. Its going to be BAD for UT. I just hope the Vols can make through the end of Oct without losing a lot of players due to injury. We are going to need everyone to have hopes of winning an SEC game this year. I Hopefully they will improve a little each game. If they can keep turnovers down, we cover. My prediction 47-17 DAWGS
Kirby will run it up if he has the chance. They're not pals.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

TreyB

wayne":sej3qnlv said:
Grandslam11":sej3qnlv said:

Agree...

Andy S.

Grandslam11":vciwbuoh said:
I just hope the Vols can make through the end of Oct without losing a lot of players due to injury.
My exact thoughts that I have shared with all of the Vols fans I work and hunt with. Just minimizing injuries for the next month will be a win.

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
TreyB":ekwmr8xy said:
wayne":ekwmr8xy said:
Grandslam11":ekwmr8xy said:

Agree...

So far Kirby has worked to NOT run up the score (at least in the first three games). He may here, but I don't know...

PalsPal

TN will not cover.

It's to the point now, I won't watch it until later in the evening, and that's only if some miracle strikes and UGA has a bunch of TOs causing a close game.

My time will be better served at the cabin getting ready for the season.

PalsPal

EastTNHunter":12jzfzei said:
So far Kirby has worked to NOT run up the score (at least in the first three games). He may here, but I don't know...

Unless he has them taking a knee, the score will be ran up :D !

Now, he will most likely cruise when he gets a 3 TD lead and TN proves to be no threat by getting some young guys some PT, but even that won't be an even fight.

rem270

EastTn I agree with you on the Vols QB, he gets drilled every other play and gets back up. He's not the problem, it's the O-line.

TN doesn't stand a slight chance this week. I think it'll be 38 to 10.

TeamMainStreet

PalatableShabbyDutchshepherddog-max-1mb.gif

tree_ghost

I think Kirby needs to use this game against TN to clean up and fine tune the team before we head into 3 really strong teams. I know what the Dawg nation wants to see and I think it happens...45-0 DAWGS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts