Vol Baseball!

Displaced_Vol

Left bases loaded the first 3 innings.

Turned back to watch 9th and us bat in 10th. Went to bed.

Who above mentioned that this should be a sweep? Stop with the rat poison :D !
Yeah I dunno who that was…
1651839877653.gif

Displaced_Vol

Yeah that was a great play by Beck. That was one of the 3 balls I mentioned that I thought for sure were out of the park and just dropped. Beck hit one himself in the 10th that was caught right in front of the 400' marker in dead center. Nothing was carrying at midnight after an afternoon full of thunderstorms.

Displaced_Vol

1. I may or may not have jinxed this deal
2. Of course they'll go cold against UK so all my friends can give me hell about it
3. Just a weird series. First Thursday game, 13 innings, terrible weather, not a lot of energy in that place (at least not Thursday).

encore06

I read that before the first game Thursday one of the UT player and the assistants were throwing jabs at UK, especially their pitching. Not that UK haven't stunk it up this season. I don't understand why they will complete this game, then only have 7 innings scheduled for the next game.

Displaced_Vol

It was bound to happen at some point but lost their first SEC series. Avoided the sweep today with a 7-2 win. Didn't see any of todays game.
Told y'all we weren't getting swept! Hate it happened at UK but that's the way it goes.
In all seriousness I hope they get the offense cranked back up. Can't really complain much about the pitching but our starters don't seem as sharp as they were earlier, also hopefully a temporary issue
Didn't see anything today either, listened to a bit and kept up with it between horse races.

PalsPal

It was the same last week with the Thursday start.

I think it's ESPNs way of showing more games. They do softball the same way by having some series Sat, Sun, Mon to have a Monday game.

I caught the end of last night's game.

A couple of notes, Blake Burke, freshman, got the start at DH and had two dingers. That's taking advantage of an opportunity.

Dollander got the start, and then they brought Burns in for some middle relief. The announcers theorized that might be something we do in the post season and wanted to get him some experience in that role. He did great his first inning, but his second was shaky, but he got out of it.

Displaced_Vol

Joyce looked good until he gave up back to back dingers for them to go up 3-2. Bottom half we left the bases loaded but they walked in a run to tie it. I was in and out, mostly out after that but it didn't look like I missed much. I have to think that this was a tinker kind of game and let some guys rest but I don't know I missed a lot.

Latest posts