Vintage deer photo

DMD

Great Pic! It makes me long for the old days when you strapped your deer to the hood of the vehicle, drove it around town. Everyone either was happy for you or didn't care. No one was offended. Life was simple. You could hunt on just about anyone's property and they were happy for you to kill a deer.

buckbstr_1

Thanks for sharing. I sure miss the days of throwing over or on the hood. A spike would be the talk of the town, but a deer that size would make the paper.

Bell3wv

Here's a photo my dad took of a deer he killed when he was a young man. He had great camera equipment and developed his own work. I found it in a box of photos this past weekend. I'd seen it when I was a kid but can't remember the story.
That's an awesome picture! I lost both my folks this past year and have been going through thousands of pictures. I've found several hunting photos post-me but not many before I came along. I took this one of Dad in the early 90's. I hope I find an original of the two bucks he killed in rural WV in 1958 and 1959 with a mail order M-1 Garrand. Dad wasn't a lil guy by any means and he was a good backdrop for these. They hung on an old barn of a family that took him in after his parents died for 30+ yrs. He probably couldn't afford a camera back then)

Attachments

• Dad Big Bucks.jpg
    Dad Big Bucks.jpg
    297.1 KB · Views: 59

BSK

That's an awesome picture! I lost both my folks this past year and have been going through thousands of pictures. I've found several hunting photos post-me but not many before I came along. I took this one of Dad in the early 90's. I hope I find an original of the two bucks he killed in rural WV in 1958 and 1959 with a mail order M-1 Garrand. Dad wasn't a lil guy by any means and he was a good backdrop for these. They hung on an old barn of a family that took him in after his parents died for 30+ yrs. He probably couldn't afford a camera back then)
What memories. And DANG what bucks!

BSK

This is a picture that hangs in my living room. It's my grandfather (on my mother's side) with a buck he killed in central Wisconsin in 1932. Above the picture is his 1932 hunting license.

The buck is standing upright because he's frozen solid! This is Wisconsin in November!

Attachments

• grandabuck.jpg
    grandabuck.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 79

Cheshire

Here's a photo my dad took of a deer he killed when he was a young man. He had great camera equipment and developed his own work. I found it in a box of photos this past weekend. I'd seen it when I was a kid but can't remember the story.
Cool pic, thanks for sharing

Latest posts