Venice trip

fullstream

Went down to Venice last week to catch the opening weekend of red snapper. Got our limit fri, sat & Sunday. Went out on Wednesday and got 2 blackfin a cobia, couple mangroves and a pile of vermillion (Beeliners) got to spend a ton of time with my boys doing what they love.
f2af8bb76f9e320bc19e0bf12e60184c.jpg

2eb2790e5de1551aa4de4598dcfb550b.jpg

7f802642511cb75eba6940b6375378b7.jpg

004557d334148cca1f95ee9eb3313ec5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CritterGitter

I got invited on a once-in-a-lifetime trip apparently looking back... I went to Venice duck hunting with some work friends. We stayed with some guys right on the side of the Mississippi River where it turns into the Gulf we were watching Carnival Cruise Ships come in from the gulf, shooting ducks was almost a joke it was like the best dove hunt you've ever been on in your life, we were supposed to go fishing but the water was wrong . I will never forget Venice Louisiana, all of the fresh crabs oysters fish and Wild game you could eat and the friendliest folks.

fullstream

Buccaneer":29uokr7a said:
Fullstream - Who was your guide on this trip?

I have my own boat I bring down there, (23 ft bay boat) also have a buddy that has a good size catamaran he keeps stored down there. Have been learning a lot on previous trips so we have been fortunate enough to have found some great spots to fish.

Snowwolfe

Looks like a fun trip. We plan to visit the area this coming winter to learn more about it so we can make the occasional fishing trip. How would a aluminum 19 foot semi v boat with a 200 hp outboard work in those waters?

fullstream

Snowwolfe":2tyrvow1 said:
Looks like a fun trip. We plan to visit the area this coming winter to learn more about it so we can make the occasional fishing trip. How would a aluminum 19 foot semi v boat with a 200 hp outboard work in those waters?

19ft with a 200 sounds like a rocket! Plenty of boat for the river & passes just just watch the wind to get up in the bays. We went in January this year and tore up the bull reds & monster black drum in the west bay which is only 5-6 mile run down red pass. We just looked for diving birds & dolphins (chasing bait) nothing like catching 35-45 inch redfish on light inshore spinning rods!! I put 20lb braid on mine & use 25lb flouro from popping cork to jig head.
Best advice I can give is take your time when running until you get some good tracks on your gps as you can go from 5ft to nothing in a matter of seconds (I speak from experience).
On flat days you can run to a bunch of rigs in the west bay and have a blast catching jacks & occasional cobia as well as mangrove's & beeliners. It's truly a fishing paradise. Breton island in the east bay is usually real good for trout.
I've got some coordinate's I'll share with you if your interested before you go.
Steve

Latest posts