Velvet Hunt

tree_ghost

Well just had a major SNAFU…shooting target practice at 100 yards and my 6th shot, while at full draw, my freaking limb delaminates!!!! Thankfully I'm ok but I'm in a tight spot now!

Attachments

• E550B5D9-C01B-438E-8A53-91677BB8EA07.jpeg
    E550B5D9-C01B-438E-8A53-91677BB8EA07.jpeg
    127.8 KB · Views: 83
  • 5EDF9B6A-02E5-40CB-B71E-815B3039E92C.jpeg
    5EDF9B6A-02E5-40CB-B71E-815B3039E92C.jpeg
    157.4 KB · Views: 85

Ski

Well just had a major SNAFU…shooting target practice at 100 yards and my 6th shot, while at full draw, my freaking limb delaminates!!!! Thankfully I'm ok but I'm in a tight spot now!

Duno what weight & DL you shoot, but I have a Hoyt Powermax and a Hoyt Carbon Defiant, both 70lb bows with 30" max DL. Not sure what min DL is but if you need one to hunt the velvet with, I'm only 30 minutes from the boro. You're more than welcome to use either one.

tree_ghost

Duno what weight & DL you shoot, but I have a Hoyt Powermax and a Hoyt Carbon Defiant, both 70lb bows with 30" max DL. Not sure what min DL is but if you need one to hunt the velvet with, I'm only 30 minutes from the boro. You're more than welcome to use either one.
Thanks a ton man! I called Tracy down at Taylor's archery and he has a bow I'm interested in. I guess if anything the limb blowing up may go ahead and make the decision for me on taking my recurve….

megalomaniac

Thanks a ton man! I called Tracy down at Taylor's archery and he has a bow I'm interested in. I guess if anything the limb blowing up may go ahead and make the decision for me on taking my recurve….
Dude, props to you if you can take a velvet stud with traditional archery!

When I retire and have all the time in the world to practice, no longer care about antlers, and hope I DONT kill something, I will be hunting traditional.

tree_ghost

When I retire and have all the time in the world to practice, no longer care about antlers, and hope I DONT kill something, I will be hunting traditional.
I've been practicing every day since January but shooting at foam is way different than a trophy animal. The guys that do it regularly are top of the pile IMO

Deer Assassin

I have killed 2 (doe and BB) with a recurve it is a challenge and rewarding

cleatus2506

If anyone could have you up and running by Friday, it's Tracy! Taylor's Archery is hands down the best in the business that I've ever dealt with!
Good luck with whatever you decide to go with!

tree_ghost

If anyone could have you up and running by Friday, it's Tracy! Taylor's Archery is hands down the best in the business that I've ever dealt with!
Good luck with whatever you decide to go with!
Tracy is a great guy I highly recommend him. He's as good as anyone in the business for sure! I'm fortunate enough to have an at home shop in my garage to do all my tuning. This time of the year the bow technicians are slammed!

Ski

Tracy and crew are a gem indeed. We're lucky to have them so near by. He once took his own personal bow apart before to cannibalize parts for my bow so that I wouldn't have to miss any hunting. I went in expecting to order parts & wait, then he started taking his own bow apart so that I could get back out in the woods. That's a man who earns his paycheck.

Latest posts