various pics

woodchuckc

I checked my cameras this weekend and thought I would post a few pictures.

I just thought this was kind of a cool picture (the poor resolution is because it was taken with an old Stealth camera that I've had for 5 years and refuses to die!).

PICb3_small.jpg

I must have a few does carrying genes for no brow tines - I have seen quite a few bucks over the years in my area that are lacking brow tines.

PICT0479_small.jpg

PICT0484_small.jpg

Notice the two doves scrounging around in the dirt on the left side - I see a lot of doves around this salt lick.

PICT0493_small.jpg

This is a pretty cool looking rack - the G2 on his right side is kind of palmated.

PICT0662_small.jpg

PICT0686_small.jpg

I'm assuming that this pose is a display of dominance, or he walks a little light on his hooves, if you catch my drift :grin:.

PICT0688_small.jpg

This is a pretty interesting bachelor group - one mature deer, one probably 2 1/2 or maybe 3 1/2, a 1 1/2 or maybe 2 1/2, and a button buck. They all seem to be getting along pretty well together!

PICT0617_small.jpg

PICT0627_small.jpg

And a gratuitous momma doe and her two young ones. I see and have gotten more pictures of does with fawns (many with 2) than I can remember in recent years. I think the coyote population is down this year, as I very seldom have seen any this year, and I'm sure that is contributing to a much better than average fawn survival rate.

PICT0517_small.jpg

woodchuckc

bswarchery said:
The pics look great, what did you use for the mineral supplement in that trench their making?

I started that lick 6 years ago, and I have only used the trace mineral salt blocks from the coop in that one. I have another lick I started at the same time and have only used trophy rocks in it. This one actually gets more use than my trophy rock lick, but it probably has as much to do with the locations as what salt source has been used.

I was surprised to see the block completely gone, as I had just put a new one out back in July. They normally last about 3 months during the summer. I had a new one back at the barn so I set it out after I checked my cameras.

bswarchery

I'm trying out the mineral supplements for the 1st time so I'm hoping to see some results this season and next year. I have read about some "homeade" mixes but not sure what may be feasable for this area. Any ideas or personal experiences?

Latest posts