UT@VU How bad will it be?

THEdonkey0515

Yup they did sure glad the vols won. That game was ugly! Really wanted the offense to look good! Didn't happen if they play like that in there bowl it will be scary bad. Hope they can get things working for them 1 last time this season!
A bowl win would be very very nice in knoxville!

The vandy game is over all we need to remember about that game is the W lol

TeamMainStreet

Between UTs horrible offensive line, Hurd getting injured, Vandy holding just about every snap and their defense playing their best game in 75 years it was a pretty tight game. Literally every offensive snap for Vandy somebody on TNs defensive line was getting a jersey stretched out.

Good showing once again for UT special teams and the defense did pretty well too. Derek Barnett is a beast.

It wasnt the game I wanted to see but TN got the win. There was plenty at stake to play for on both sides. Vandy showed up for once this season.

PalsPal

Gravey said:
That was a helluva game and too close for comfort. Kudos to Vandy as they gave my Vols all they wanted.

I agree.

The offense was horrid again. Dobbs again was erratic. I think this finally can seal the deal as to why he was third team. He has no touch on his passes, and for being an engineering student, his decision making is questionable at times.

Oh well, the season was improvement, especially when you factor in the UF game gift, and had chances in the UGA and MO games.

Wrangler95

PalsPal said:
Gravey said:
That was a helluva game and too close for comfort. Kudos to Vandy as they gave my Vols all they wanted.

I agree.

The offense was horrid again. Dobbs again was erratic. I think this finally can seal the deal as to why he was third team. He has no touch on his passes, and for being an engineering student, his decision making is questionable at times.

Dobbs is the only reason Tennessee is in a bowl game.The offensive line didn't give Worley and Dobbs enough time to find a open receiver,Dobbs legs saved Tennessee,plain and simple.There are lineman on the way.

Oh well, the season was improvement, especially when you factor in the UF game gift, and had chances in the UGA and MO games.

Spurhunter

gator-n-buck said:
Considering that Vandy is not a very good team, they sure played the Vols tough....

That's what happens in rivalries. That's what makes rivalry week so exciting. Are you new? Like Jessie Palmer said, "That's the great thing about rivalries, you can throw the records and stats out the window." Some of the TNDeer football "experts" are amusing.

TeamMainStreet

Spurhunter said:
gator-n-buck said:
Considering that Vandy is not a very good team, they sure played the Vols tough....

That's what happens in rivalries. That's what makes rivalry week so exciting. Are you new? Like Jessie Palmer said, "That's the great thing about rivalries, you can throw the records and stats out the window." Some of the TNDeer football "experts" are amusing.

His rivalry didn't go like he wanted.

THEdonkey0515

Spurhunter said:
gator-n-buck said:

yup why do you think some people were giving a bad UF team a chance to win? Don't think it was cause they ever thought UF was a better team:) just a guess, it's cause it's rivalry and crazy things happen.

gator-n-buck

THEdonkey0515 said:
Spurhunter said:
gator-n-buck said:

yup why do you think some people were giving a bad UF team a chance to win? Don't think it was cause they ever thought UF was a better team:) just a guess, it's cause it's rivalry and crazy things happen.

Like I stated, Vandy's is a very bad team. Most of the real experts had UT beating Vandy bad.

As far as the UF vs FSU game, I expected FSU to win.

THEdonkey0515

yup the vols did play bad vs a bad team agree with that,most experts I seen had the vols winning anywhere from 15-17pts somewhere in that area.
Vols did win by 7 that's the BIG thing they won. ugly bad wins happen every single Saturday during college football season. Look at FSU this year I think they have won 6 games with the final score only being FSU by 9 or less!! More then half them games experts picked them to. win by 14 if not more This Saturday lol ONLY team to throw 4+ picks in a game this season and win!!??

That games over got the W. Just hope we can get 1 more in the bowl game and if that happens not a single vol fan will remember a thing about the vandy game besides the W.

TeamMainStreet

I'll be honest Mudbone. I know I was predicting a big win but i really had a bad feeling about the game all week. With a few exceptions Vandy almost always plays TN tough regardless of their record going into the game. It's an instate rival and the teams really dislike each other. Patton Robinette is a pretty good QB. I'm not really sure how he ended up at Vandy but he's there and if he had a decent coach he would be really dangerous. He reminds me of Maty Mauk. It's almost like the TN Josh Dobbs situation. If he had played the whole game it might have been a different outcome.

I know I pump a lot of TN sunshine but TN is not a great team. They are a decent team that could be great with some fine tuning, some experience, some depth and some healthy bodies. They have the talent. They should have all of the above going into next season. I think they have the key ingredient and that is the fight and the will to win.

Mudbone

Yeah I had a feeling it would be a decent game. I'm upset because that was probably vandy's best chance for a win over ut for a while with the way the vols are recruiting unless Vandy makes some serious offensive staff changes this off season. As for Robinette, I have no idea how he wound up at vandy. Did the vols not recruit him? I know he is from Maryville, and only lost one or two games in high school. That guy just has a knack for winning. He wants to be a surgeon and is supposedly very bright. I have heard he may not play football anymore due to concussion issues he has suffered since high school. Without a good coach he is a wasted talent.

Spurhunter

gator-n-buck said:
THEdonkey0515 said:
Spurhunter said:
gator-n-buck said:

Like I stated, Vandy's is a very bad team. Most of the real experts had UT beating Vandy bad.

Your predictions are always spot on when they come after the game is over.

gator-n-buck

Spurhunter said:
gator-n-buck said:
THEdonkey0515 said:
Spurhunter said:
gator-n-buck said:

Your predictions are always spot on when they come after the game is over.

And you seem a little touchy about Vandy not being a very good team, that played the Vols tough....??? Seen lots of excuses on this thread but UT hasn't looked that good the last two weeks. It's not rocket science if you make Dobbs throw the ball... :)

Spurhunter

gator-n-buck said:
And you seem a little touchy about Vandy not being a very good team, that played the Vols tough....???
Not touchy at all. I expected a close game. Vandy almost always plays Tennessee tough. I understand rivalries. As do most fans. I'm surprised you don't. :)

gator-n-buck said:
Seen lots of excuses on this thread but UT hasn't looked that good the last two weeks. It's not rocket science if you make Dobbs throw the ball... :)

A win is a win. We are going bowling. The program is trending up. We have a great coach in place. Things are looking good on the hill. If I were you I would be worried about my team not even having a coach instead of how Tennessee looks. But that's just me. :)

gator-n-buck

Spurhunter said:
gator-n-buck said:
And you seem a little touchy about Vandy not being a very good team, that played the Vols tough....???
Not touchy at all. I expected a close game. Vandy almost always plays Tennessee tough. I understand rivalries. As do most fans. I'm surprised you don't. :)

gator-n-buck said:
Seen lots of excuses on this thread but UT hasn't looked that good the last two weeks. It's not rocket science if you make Dobbs throw the ball... :)

A win is a win. We are going bowling. The program is trending up. We have a great coach in place. Things are looking good on the hill. If I were you I would be worried about my team not even having a coach instead of how Tennessee looks. But that's just me. :)

Vandy is so bad this season that it shouldn't of been a close game no matter if their stadiums were a mile apart. I understand rivals but I also understand that Dobbs and UT's offense has been exposed and one dimensional. No different than the problems FL going through on offense where you can't throw the ball and the other teams are stacking the box.

Spurhunter

I don't care if Tennessee won by 1 or 100. All the record book shows is a W. Tennessee is bowl eligible. Try to rain on the parade and pull out the negatives if you want. We are happy in Tennessee. :)

THEdonkey0515

I don't see why you care so much vandy is a bad team and UT beat them lol only by 7??
I think most vol fans have said on hear it was ugly but it was a win o well, everyone agrees there offense or Dobbs didn't look good we don't need you saying it over and over lol

Latest posts