Useless fishing data

Headhunter

Yes, I am bored.
No, I am not bragging.
Yes, I am a useless data junkie.

Started keeping a spreadsheet of all my fishing trips this year.
I find it interesting to go back and look at what I caught and when.
If you have no interest knowing what I caught and when look no further. LOL

Monthly totals (this is all species)
January 34
February 19
March 87
April 393
May 377
June 273
July 477
August 257
September 184
October 6

I made 102 trips so far this year.
Caught fish number 1,000 on June 10
Caught fish number 2,000 on September 7

I have caught 2,107 fish so far.
Co-anglers have caught 444
I have kept 845 fish this year.

Top three species:
Bream 984
Crappie 860
Largemouth 142

Highlights:
7 TARP bream, heaviest was 1 pound 6 ounces (the largest was out of public water)
1 TARP crappie, weighed 2 pounds 6 ounces (public water)
Caught a TARP bream in the second trip in my new boat. The first ever from that body of water. The first time @rem270 ever fished with me. #sfmafia
Best two numbers days were 131 and 157.
The 157 was a two lake, one day total of 8 hours on the water.

Caught a total of 15 different species.

Been a good ride.
With duck season starting I am probably very near the end for this year but plan on at least a few more trips.
Ok, I am going to try this next year. Do you keep a book in the boat, wait til you get home to log trips, etc.? Of course, I have so many times not only do I not catch a fish, I do not even get a bite, if I could remember correctly I could use those trips to update the info.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Ok, I am going to try this next year. Do you keep a book in the boat, wait til you get home to log trips, etc.? Of course, I have so many times not only do I not catch a fish, I do not even get a bite, if I could remember correctly I could use those trips to update the info.
I normally have one clicker for bream and one for crappie.

Any off-species I catch I write it down on a dry erase board I keep in the boat.

I click all my keepers and then document the throw backs on the board so I can keep up with what I keep v/s what I catch.
It's the other way around with crappie. LOL
At the end of the trip I tally everything up and change from hash marks to numbers then take a picture of it.
Load it on my spreadsheet the next day I work.

Headhunter

I normally have one clicker for bream and one for crappie.

Any off-species I catch I write it down on a dry erase board I keep in the boat.

I click all my keepers and then document the throw backs on the board so I can keep up with what I keep v/s what I catch.
It's the other way around with crappie. LOL
At the end of the trip I tally everything up and change from hash marks to numbers then take a picture of it.
Load it on my spreadsheet the next day I work.
thank you, now to find a couple clickers. I was thinking about the pads and pens they sell that write even in the rain.

Headhunter

My plan was to sell my old boat and buy either talons or a trolling motor with spot lock.
Didn't have any luck selling, yet, but now I need a four wheeler worse than a trolling motor. :D
I might need a 4 wheeler myself. Never owned one, but may have to try find one.

hoghunter65

My son keeps a log with how many, what kind where he caught them, water level and clarity, bait used he is always around 2000 for any given year

Latest posts