unit b permits

doubleb1

now that the trophy hunters in middle and west Tennessee have reduced my bag limit by 1/3 don't you think my annual deer hunting license should also go down in price by a 1/3. Why should my permits cost the same as a guy that lives in a unit with a much greater bag limit.My main goal now is to try and reduce the hunting season as much as possible so the deer will have more time to mature so we can kill more quality deer.in stead of a four month deer season I think we should have four weeks I think you will see better more mature deer in the next five year with a big reduction in hunting days. This is the most stupid thing the TWRA and the commission have ever done. Time to call the governor and all state reps and senators and put TWRA under state budget and quit letting them govern themselves. If they are to lazy to set a poll of all licensed hunters to see what is really wanted then they shouldn't have the ability to make recommendations to the commission we would be better off letting senators and reps make game decisions at least you would know ahead of time rich folks and lobbyist were making the calls.

stik

it wasn't TWRA's doing and this will be the norm with a state funded agency. as has been said in other threads, despite the lesser deer hunting we do have bears,elk and some world class trout fishing.

doubleb1

no matter how they try to sugar coat it I still lost meat that cant go on my table and still paying the same price as last year and even more in 2016. This is like global warming if the masses keep saying over and over its got to be true. This will have zero effect on our deer herd positive or negative just a stupid decision made by a few trophy hunters with enough money to get to the commission. Typical liberal thinking "I want this way and have enough lobbyist to make it happen" makes me sick.

lungpuncher1

doubleb1":38b9nrql said:
no matter how they try to sugar coat it I still lost meat that cant go on my table and still paying the same price as last year and even more in 2016. This is like global warming if the masses keep saying over and over its got to be true. This will have zero effect on our deer herd positive or negative just a stupid decision made by a few trophy hunters with enough money to get to the commission. Typical liberal thinking "I want this way and have enough lobbyist to make it happen" makes me sick.
Did you kill 3 bucks last season?

Hunter 257W

If you are measuring the value of a hunting license by how much meat you get out of it, then you should quit hunting and just go to the grocery store. Store bought meat is way cheaper than venison.

Buzzard Breath

doubleb1":2r6xt2s9 said:
Typical liberal thinking
doubleb1":2r6xt2s9 said:
I still lost meat that cant go on my table

I really hate them liberals. I can't believe they are preventing you from getting the meat for your table that the state owes you............

Think about it.

Grnwing

I wouldn't mind seeing a reduced license fee, but I much rather see reduced hunting days. Many of the states that were used in comparison to show a 2 buck limit was the norm also have a lot fewer gun days to hunt. In particular, I would like to see the gun season shortened. I will miss having the freedom to take three bucks in a season. I enjoyed the long season but with this change to cater towards a vocal group is disheartening. If they wanted to truly help the age class of bucks, they would of called for more sweeping action. Instead we took a small step in a new direction that will open the doors for more buck regulation and less freedom will be left to the individual to manage the resource.

doubleb1

just to answer a few I killed 2 bucks last year and 2 does 4 is about all I need to feed my family so I usually don't take more than I need. next It cost me the price of my license and 4 shells to have four deer in the freezer. next the state don't owe or give me anything I pay to hunt deer and if they are going to drop my bag limit by 1/3 the license should reflect that decrease. By the way the state don't own the deer we as hunters do. and lastly where I hunt is closer than the grocery store and as a side note I don't buy any meat from the grocery store. but by all means keep drinking the Kool-Aid and hope it isn't poison.

lungpuncher1

If you only killed 2 bucks then how is a two buck limit going to hurt you? Doesn't make sense does it?

You have greed. You are mad because you think they are going to make you spend money on meat you may (obviously not though) miss out on.

Your wanting to save money on something you think your entitled to. Your not entitled to it. It's a privilege.

savageman

i killed 2 bucks last year and the 2 buck limit will change my hunting. After I killed the second buck I hunted for a third. I did not kill number 3 but I did enjoy hunting that 3rd buck. I would like the 3 buck limit to remain.

doubleb1

not worried about missing out or greed just don't like people thinking I can't regulate myself. Could have legally killed 5 more deer easily but like I said I don't take more than I need. People like you hunting horns give hunters a bad name I hunt for food and prob have more trophy class bucks than the majority of this board . Keep dreaming about those big bucks while I kill them.I am done can't waste day with stupidly

lungpuncher1

doubleb1":391jsub2 said:
not worried about missing out or greed just don't like people thinking I can't regulate myself. Could have legally killed 5 more deer easily but like I said I don't take more than I need. People like you hunting horns give hunters a bad name I hunt for food and prob have more trophy class bucks than the majority of this board . Keep dreaming about those big bucks while I kill them.I am done can't waste day with stupidly
Only stupidity was your post. I never said I was a trophy hunter. Obviously you have something to prove with your "big deer " statements.

Sorry about your pride.

Jmed

....shaking head...I'll just keep hunting the way I always have. Boo hoo. They took a buck tag away, now you gotta kill more does than bucks to get all this meat you have to have. Guys, I am gonna let this change bother me. It's hunting and it would have only affected 2700 of the state's deer hunters last year. Don't get so upset, it is what it is...shaking head...

Hunter 257W

One thing that I can 't understand is the reasoning that when you limit out, you have to quit hunting. That's always going to be true no matter what the limit is. Before the change, once you shot your 3rd buck, you were done with buck hunting for that year. 3 isn't a magical number.

callemquacktn

Can someone please post up a list of all the counties in unit B that have doe quota hunts. I need to see how many hunts I'm going to put in for.
I figure as long as they are going to cry about loosing a deer to kill I will really give them something to cry about.

That is how stupid the guys saying they are going to kill the first 2 bucks they see sound like.

darn2ten

callemquacktn":23x17lme said:
Can someone please post up a list of all the counties in unit B that have doe quota hunts. I need to see how many hunts I'm going to put in for.
I figure as long as they are going to cry about loosing a deer to kill I will really give them something to cry about.

That is how stupid the guys saying they are going to kill the first 2 bucks they see sound like.
I agree, but seriously who are they really hurting. Let them knock their self out, won't hurt me in the least! :roll: :rotf:

Os2 Outdoors

doubleb1":335fbzdc said:
just to answer a few I killed 2 bucks last year and 2 does 4 is about all I need to feed my family so I usually don't take more than I need. next It cost me the price of my license and 4 shells to have four deer in the freezer. next the state don't owe or give me anything I pay to hunt deer and if they are going to drop my bag limit by 1/3 the license should reflect that decrease. By the way the state don't own the deer we as hunters do. and lastly where I hunt is closer than the grocery store and as a side note I don't buy any meat from the grocery store. but by all means keep drinking the Kool-Aid and hope it isn't poison.
FYI- the state owns the deer!!

MickThompson

Os2 Outdoors":1fmknucf said:
doubleb1":1fmknucf said:
...By the way the state don't own the deer we as hunters do.
FYI- the state owns the deer!!

Neither of your are exactly right. Under the North American model of wildlife conservation, wildlife is held in the public trust, meaning no one truly "owns" wildlife, but the state or federal agencies are responsible for managing and protecting the resource. Hunting licenses permit us to attempt to take them, but do not guarantee us anything.

If hunters own the deer, the fair thing to do would be to divide the 170,000 or so deer killed in Tn each year equally among the 200,000 - 250,000 hunters that will hit the woods. I'll take my 3/4 of a deer in backstraps and tenderloins! This would save a lot of complaining over bag limits.

Latest posts