TWRA wants to sue people that disagree with them.

scn

Twrc is only gonna listen to the ones that line their pockets. They sure ain't gonna listen license holders.
Nothing could be further from the truth.

Unbelievable the concept that Commissioners are getting paid off on a large scale basis. Have some received some outside perks? Probably.

But, the vast majority have gone into the financial hole with serving on the Commission.

West_Tn

That works OK for blinds that are ready to hunt with decoys already set. Now, imagine going into one of the Tier 2 holes and sitting there waiting to see if the permitted person shows. When they don't, you have to get out and start setting decoys because there are none there. So, right in the PRIME time for killing some ducks, you have "hoppers" out there beating and banging around and very likely screwing up the hunting for that whole bottom. That doesn't seem very fair for folks that may have come from a long way away for 2-3 days of duck hunting.

To me, it smacks of some more of the LOCAL entitlement with the idea that I am entitled to hunt that spot even if it screws it up for everybody else.
Well when they voted after their survey showed the hunters wanted to allow it. Blind hopping wasn't going to be allowed until after 10:00 and they still voted no, so there's that....

Last edited:

scn

So, you are sitting out there idling next to a hole at 10am getting ready to beat and bang around for a while setting decoys.

I guess everyone else in the bottom should just take a nap while you screw up the hunting for everyone else?

Makes sense to me.

West_Tn

So, you are sitting out there idling next to a hole at 10am getting ready to beat and bang around for a while setting decoys.

I guess everyone else in the bottom should just take a nap while you screw up the hunting for everyone else?

Makes sense to me.
Not much different than the people loading up and leaving early. Maybe you just aren't very good at putting out decoys, but I don't beat and bang around and can have 3-5 dozen decoys put out in a couple minutes.

Tennessee280

Makes sense to me.
hows that any different from someone that is leaving at 10am?? makes sense to me...

scn

hows that any different from someone that is leaving at 10am?? makes sense to me...
Probably not a lot of difference in it. If they are out there idling around picking up decoys, it likely takes even longer. If they are just motoring out of their blind, probably less commotion.

If that is happening a bunch, the regs need to be tweaked to say once you are there, you are expected to stay until the close of shooting time.

Jcalder

Probably not a lot of difference in it. If they are out there idling around picking up decoys, it likely takes even longer. If they are just motoring out of their blind, probably less commotion.

If that is happening a bunch, the regs need to be tweaked to say once you are there, you are expected to stay until the close of shooting time.
Guess you want deer hunters on WMAs to stay till closing time too?

scn

Guess you want deer hunters on WMAs to stay till closing time too?
I don't want anything.

My response was a possible thought if it was a major deal on the waterfowl area.

Again, I don't like the Tier 2 system. I wish all of the blinds were in a public drawing and all were open for hopping the entire season.

But, with that being said, I can also see why TWRA and the Commission went a different route to try open it up to more hunters across the state.

JagwalCrush

My opinion doesn't count for much of anything but like most everyone else, I have one. First, for the most part, the blinds that TWRA had built are a joke (I've seen them on theee different wma's and l know in the broad scheme, that's probably not many). Second, as far as the no hopping is concerned, why is "what's theirs is better than what's mine" ( tier 1 vs tier 2)? Third, the three wma's I've visited have had the better blinds taken into "tier 2", why was that? Fourth, IF twra wanted to make it "fair" for everyone, why didn't they just take ALL the blinds out and basically make it a draw just like White Oak (Lebanon Pond)? For those not familiar, you draw for a site and your dates (weekday or weekend). If drawn, take your boat, decoys, etc. and hunt. I think you would find out a ton more about who wants to hunt where, that way, not to mention that they'd have saved a ton of money on having blinds built that are a joke for the most part.

Smashdn

Maybe they decided to go against hopping the Tier 2 blinds because they were smart enough to know what a cluster-f it would be.

From my understanding of the blind hopping deal, and that is from the way the regs are written and maybe not by "local custom", you couldn't hop the blind unless the permitted blind "owner" was not there by legal shooting time. I guess you could be in the blind and ready to leave if they showed.

That works OK for blinds that are ready to hunt with decoys already set. Now, imagine going into one of the Tier 2 holes and sitting there waiting to see if the permitted person shows. When they don't, you have to get out and start setting decoys because there are none there. So, right in the PRIME time for killing some ducks, you have "hoppers" out there beating and banging around and very likely screwing up the hunting for that whole bottom. That doesn't seem very fair for folks that may have come from a long way away for 2-3 days of duck hunting.

To me, it smacks of some more of the LOCAL entitlement with the idea that I am entitled to hunt that spot even if it screws it up for everybody else.

That is exactly what happens at the tier 1 blinds if someone tries to hop it. However, after about two weekends you know what blinds are going to be open and with a 5 minute conversation you can head that issue off while at the ramp. The conflicts they keep saying will happen are very overblown in my opinion and in my experience at the wma I hunt.

I can maybe get on board having a group of blinds or area on a wma that is tier 2 and is closed a few days per week and then open maybe Saturday through Tuesday (closed Wednesday-Friday). You give birds a chance to build in there, drawn guys first crack on the weekend and you can hop the open days of blind isn't occupied by 30 minutes before lst.

For the season blinds in ky it is 30 before lst you have to be in the blind. One hour before sunrise. Gives you time to get guys out of they are waiting. On the quota daily draws on one wma that stopped hopping. But it was a completely different set up and dynamic there than the wma's I've seen in tn.

Smashdn

BS on putting out 5 dozen decoys in a couple of minutes.
You don't hunt much do you?

First you think people hopping blinds at 10am will be a problem and now you can't figure out how to set a few dozen decoys out quickly. You ought to go with someone who hunts backwater a little and learn some things.

Latest posts