Twra land on Aetna mtn for sale?

Hunter0678

Sounds like the TWRA commission and the wardens rolled over since it was such a burden. Kind of like the police in Seattle. Its no wonder they never find the corn piles either. They should have followed through and worked with the land owners on a right of way when they acquired the property. The land owners gated it due to the trespassing on their private land, destroying property, thieving and not to mention a few dead bodies found on the mountain years ago.

TWRA acquired this tract, which later became known as Cummings Cove WMA, in 2003
using Forest Legacy Program grant funds. The management of Cummings Cove WMA
has since put undue burden on TWRA due to considerable off-highway vehicle
trespassing; resulting in severe destruction of wildlife habitats on the property.
Conservation was the intent when Forest Legacy Program funding was used to purchase
this property and development as an OHV (Off Highway Vehicle) recreation area is
contrary to this purpose.

Its a sad lost cause now, Think ill give them yellow acorns a try now. Piss on TWRA.

Mattt

I never heard the outcome but there's more to this. There are other private landowners that use that access and this thing has been in and out of court for several years. So I don't think no access to the property is correct. The road runs right through it. No doubt it's a headache to enforce but you have to actually go out and do your job to be effective at it. I'm 50 and have never seen a TWRA officer ir vehicle up there. I used to spend a lot of time there. Used to work the farm that is now the subdivision at the base. Rode horses over to Patrick's on Saturday night. Took knuckleheads up there on guided mountain rides on horseback. Saw my first mountain lion there. A lot of history