TWRA approves

M T Pockets 000

Omega

Well, that is disappointing, at least they allow thermals, but I'd rather use centerfire for yotes.
The commission also determined no dogs can be used during the night hunting, and only shotguns may be used. Hunters may use night vision and thermal imaging, as well as lights as long as they are not attached to a vehicle or shone from a public road. The use of calls imitating coyotes or wounded prey is also allowed.

TN Song Dog

1713633289737.png

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
Shotguns only.......so when I am night hunting hogs on my private land with a suppressed, thermal equipped 300blk and a coyote comes along I can't shoot it unless I have a shotgun with me....makes no sense, rifle for pigs at night, good; rifle for coyote at night same spot, bad.

I don't know about you, but I tend to leave yotes where they lie.

I wouldn't hesitate if I saw a yote at night on private land with an AR-15.
Especially when rangers are required to get a warrant, who is checking?

The main reason they aren't allowing centerfire right now is probably to keep people from poaching deer under the pretext of "predator hunting." So instead they'll just poach with no pretext at all. 🤣

Planking

"Hunters may use night vision and thermal imaging, as well as lights as long as they are not attached to a vehicle or shone from a public road."

So if i understand this right you can't use lights from the road but you can still road hunt with thermals?

MickThompson

"Hunters may use night vision and thermal imaging, as well as lights as long as they are not attached to a vehicle or shone from a public road."

So if i understand this right you can't use lights from the road but you can still road hunt with thermals?
Hunting from a public road is illegal in statute. I'd guess that was a point of emphasis that they wanted in there.

scn

You have never been able to legally road hunt with thermals.

But, you know that.

Last edited:

Planking

You have never been able to legally road hunt with thermals.

But, you know that.
Maybe not legally but they are sure doing it. Had a white ford truck using them on us Friday night. The local stalker trash doesn't care what you say is legal if they know you can't enforce it. That means i have to be the one to deal with this scum once again.