TVA land question

Realtree56

I've hunted a lot of the TVA land near me but wanted to check out a new section today... I walked it and liked it enough to give it a go soon but here's what I'm trying to figure out... don't have a boat to access it but I can park in a designated safety zone that adjoins... is it legal to carry an unloaded firearm through the safety zone to the huntable portion?

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
Depends on the location. If it is TVA safety zone, it may be on reservation land where firearms are not allowed. You would need to request clarification from the recreation/watershed group if it is not clearly spelled out. If it is around a dam, plant, or other buildings it likely falls into this category

Realtree56

Depends on the location. If it is TVA safety zone, it may be on reservation land where firearms are not allowed. You would need to request clarification from the recreation/watershed group if it is not clearly spelled out. If it is around a dam, plant, or other buildings it likely falls into this category
Definitely no buildings around, dams a decent ways off, and isn't touched by this property. how do I go about finding a number for the recreation/watershed group if you don't mind me asking

catman529

Yeah I'd talk to TVA about it if it's one of their designated safety zones. I don't see any harm in crossing a small portion of safety zone to hunt open land, but the officer may have a different view.

BigDave12

For reference for everyone regarding TVA land questions, call 1-800-TVA-LAND and they will answer your questions for any TVA property. They usually get you a definitive answer either immediately or within 48 hrs and you speak with someone too (not a recording).

Latest posts