Corp of Engineer land Dale Hollow question

Mag

2-Step Enabled
I've searched and searched but haven't found a solid answer so putting it out here. Is Deer hunting allowed on Dale Hollow Lake Corp property? I did find a few links that indicate it is permitted. I guess I will call them to confirm as well.

Ridgeline300

Yes but very steep and some of the marina owners are anti hunting liberal idiots. I was being harassed by one and told I couldn't hunt where I was hunting when I knew I could and I had to get wardens and law involved. The wardens told me yes I could hunt where I was hunting but I couldn't cross her the get there unless she allowed it. The marina owners lease the land from the Corp and I was told they have a right to do whatever they please apparently. The only way to hunt that particular spot was to cross water they had leased and she wouldn't let me do it. None of this ever made sense to me because it's public waters and land but she won that battle. The Corp and wardens showed me a map of what she had leased and told me I could continue to hunt that location if a parked my boat down the creek where her line ended and walked around edge of lake above summer pool line (which would not be on her) then go up the hill to my spot. I was parking straight down hill and only walking 150-200 yards straight up now it would be nearly a mile and over some really rough terrain. Very long story leaving lots of details out for sake of time but we had it out because I was determined to not let her win but in the end I said piss on it because deer hunting is supposed to be fun and relaxing and this was a major headache. Lots of land but lots of it is way too steep and the Corp line doesn't go far enough up the hill for my liking on a lot of it (I like to be 3/4 up or on top if possible). I found a decent spot that I don't get harassed or bothered now though.

mike243

Am I misremembering wrong that they shut down before the seasons end? might want to double ck season dates for those spots. hate to get a ticket when it's easy to avoid.

mike243

Isn't there some corp property that shuts down early? might be down near crappieluck. hard to keep track of all of it

Biggun4214

My Dad always told me it was illegal to hunt with a rifle around Dale Hollow. Apparently when the lake was first built he had an uncle that was arrested for hunting with a rifle near the lake.
Times changed.

Mag

2-Step Enabled
Thanks for the validation. We are looking at a piece of property that borders Corp land and the terrain isn't too steep. I haven't walked anything yet but there is what looks like a sizable area of wooded land that could be promising. I even had a dream about our new house over looking the lake and my honey hole that I could walk to. :)

mike243

My Dad always told me it was illegal to hunt with a rifle around Dale Hollow. Apparently when the lake was first built he had an uncle that was arrested for hunting with a rifle near the lake.
Times changed.
TVA use to have signs up at some of the access places that stated no rifles, I know where 1 was may drive by and see if it's still there.

mike243

I can understand the dock folks leased a certain amount of property and water to develop it, long term as in 20-30 years, reckon they can treat it as private property.

Latest posts