Turkey Research Study in GA with The Hunting Public

TboneD

Very informative video! Unfortunately, no mention of TN when Dr. Chamberlain was mentioning which southern states have done much turkey research. He highly applauded Missouri's turkey research, and their season doesn't open until next week (4/19). Only one of the two bird limit can be taken during the first week. Consider that, and then consider the turkey decline biologists know is happening across the south, habitat loss, 2020's excessive harvest to increased hunters and "hunter effort" as Dr. Chamberlain called it. Maybe the TWRA will make some further changes for next year?

Woodman

Watched this last night. I think changes are coming to our Tennessee season and gobbler limits and from all that I've seen and heard it's needed. I'm old enough that I may not still be able to hunt when these changes start improving the numbers of successful nests and poults per hen surviving, but I believe we need to let the wildlife biologists do what's necessary for the species and not get caught up in politics and personal wants & greed.

Latest posts