TSSAA and NIL

Oldschool

TSSAA will allow NIL payments for Tennessee student-athletes under certain parameters.
Not sure how many people follow high school sports on here but this does not help high school sports at all. Especially, small town schools.

PalsPal

Especially, small town schools.

You are correct. There was already recruiting going on, and has been for years.

This will only make it worse.

Just imagine a stud athlete is coming up from your meddle school etc. And the coaches have worked hard polishing his skills etc, only to have them leave for "greener" pasture when some $$$ are waived in front of them.

I saw it when my girls played travel softball. Coaches who poached players were scum in my eyes.

Oldschool

Seen it happen with at a middle school all star football game. Our high school lost two players. When he game was over a parent, from a private school, approached their parents and they were gone. We no longer participate in it. That was before it was legal for private schools to recruit.

Oldschool

Parents will be shopping kids around for $$. Whoever can offer the most NIL money will become dominant. The NCAA has opened a door that will ruin college fb.

PalsPal

1 Timothy 6:10 NKJV
For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil, for which some have strayed from the faith in their greediness, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

Latest posts