Kirby and Lane Weigh in on NIL

PillsburyDoughboy

BMan

Everyone agrees NIL is affecting college football. Saint Saban is the only one who chose to tuck tail and run rather than deal with it.

PillsburyDoughboy

Everyone agrees NIL is affecting college football. Saint Saban is the only one who chose to tuck tail and run rather than deal with it.
Actually NO! He's just in a different position now in order to deal with it.

And this might surprise you. I actually do NOT agree with him on having the Government step in and try and regulate College Football. The Government is NOT here to help us. I think the governing body or the NCAA, SEC , and all the other governing bodies of College Football that hold stake in this need to get together and sort this out. If that means putting a limit on things then so be it. But having the Government step in is just cra cra IMHO.

I think a good first step would be for any player receiving NIL money that they must pass on any ATHLETIC Scholarship they were granted so a player that cannot receive NIL money but is granted ATHLETIC scholarships can get one. Academic scholarship are earned elsewhere and should be granted IMHO.

BMan

Actually NO! He's just in a different position now in order to deal with it.

I think a good first step would be for any player receiving NIL money that they must pass on any ATHLETIC Scholarship they were granted so a player that cannot receive NIL money but is granted ATHLETIC scholarships can get one. Academic scholarship are earned elsewhere and should be granted IMHO.

Really? What position is he in to "deal with it?" (Hint: he ISN'T.)

I do agree with you on scholarships, I've felt that scholarships should have been much better managed for years to force the schools to ensure the system isn't being abused. Your player drops out? You don't get that scholarship back. He fails? Ditto. He leaves for thge NFL draft? His scholarship remains vacant until the end of his graduation year. Your players habitually do not graduate? You lose scholarships to award.

PillsburyDoughboy

Really? What position is he in to "deal with it?" (Hint: he ISN'T.)

I do agree with you on scholarships, I've felt that scholarships should have been much better managed for years to force the schools to ensure the system isn't being abused. Your player drops out? You don't get that scholarship back. He fails? Ditto. He leaves for thge NFL draft? His scholarship remains vacant until the end of his graduation year. Your players habitually do not graduate? You lose scholarships to award.
Nick Saban will LONG be a advocate and one of the strongest voices for college football that there is moving forward.

Bank on it!

PillsburyDoughboy

Being a voice, and changing things, are two different things.
He will be changing things. He may not be the man that is pulling the switches on execution day but you can bet he is there every step of the way when they fire up things up.

THEdonkey0515

Everyone knows that the college football we love is changing possibly for the worse, and NIL is the center of this change.

Everyone also understands that NIL isn't going anywhere it's going to be here for now on. We are closer to players being employed by the university then going back to the old ways.. So suck it up, and move on Stop crying....Also no one gives a damn what a 72-year-old retired Nick Saban says about it besides a few bammers.

Latest posts