Kirby Smart quote

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
"Smart said that the powers that be need to do a better job of figuring out what they want bowl game season to be since there will still be bowl games that teams decide are not worth playing if they're not competing for the national title. To that end, he hopes that they can fix it.

"People need to see what happened tonight, and they need to fix it… It's really unfortunate for the guys on that (Florida State) sideline who had to play in that game when they didn't have their full arsenal," Smart said."

Bowl games have never meant much of anything. Getting to a bowl game was the goal, for the money it gives to the schools and the "notoriety" to the program. It's one of the reasons they are rarely a good game to watch. Some players have always not played…whether they were on the field or not. They essentially are something to make the season last longer for football fans. I mean how long will it have been since any of the playoff teams have played a game? A month? :rolleyes:

THEdonkey0515

There are too many bowl games, they need to do away with 6-6 is good enough for a bowl. I would like to see it 8-4 and up, but even 7-5 would be an Improvement.

And stop with the first SEC team not in the playoffs has to play the first ACC team not in the playoffs bull crap just give us good match ups people want to watch.

PillsburyDoughboy

There are too many bowl games, they need to do away with 6-6 is good enough for a bowl. I would like to see it 8-4 and up, but even 7-5 would be an Improvement.

And stop with the first SEC team not in the playoffs has to play the first ACC team not in the playoffs bull crap just give us good match ups people want to watch.
Been saying this for years and it falls on deaf ears around this place. These guys live for the Jimmy Kimmle bowl (insert any crappy name u like bowl).for their team so they can parade around like they did something.

buckaroo

Been saying this for years and it falls on deaf ears around this place. These guys live for the Jimmy Kimmle bowl (insert any crappy name u like bowl).for their team so they can parade around like they did something.
WTH, I enjoy seeing my team play period, it dont have to be for a piece of glass, and the kids get an extra month in practice and in most cases its like a family vacation

Urban_Hunter

I'm just glad Kirby publicly acknowledged that he didn't go out there and beat the undefeated ACC champs that should have been in the playoff. Maybe half the people on this forum could learn something from him. Probably not though.

Iglow

I'm just glad Kirby publicly acknowledged that he didn't go out there and beat the undefeated ACC champs that should have been in the playoff. Maybe half the people on this forum could learn something from him. Probably not though.
The playoff has caused this and it's destroying college football. I'm just glad I lived some of the time it was great. Enjoy today because this is the end, with the expansion next year it will be finished off.

PillsburyDoughboy

The playoff has caused this and it's destroying college football. I'm just glad I lived some of the time it was great. Enjoy today because this is the end, with the expansion next year it will be finished off.
Saban said it best I think in 2017. I think it was Penn State maybe in the #5 spot sorta like FSU this year that was "worthy" of a bid for a run at the national championship.

I don't have the direct qoute ans I'm traveling back from PCB so yall can you tube it. But in a nutshell he said graciously that whole worthy of a playoff spot. They were never going to WIN the national championship.

I feel like next year moving to the 12 format. Someone will likely get a lucky shot and have a upset at one of the true c contenders for the National Championship. Maybe it will be Georgia, ALABAMA or OSU that gets picked off early. That eill be ashamed if it happens. But that lowley team that picks off one of those true contenders will NOT win the National Championship. We can revisit this next year . I'll book mark it for receipts.

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
Saban said it best I think in 2017. I think it was Penn State maybe in the #5 spot sorta like FSU this year that was "worthy" of a bid for a run at the national championship.

I don't have the direct qoute ans I'm traveling back from PCB so yall can you tube it. But in a nutshell he said graciously that whole worthy of a playoff spot. They were never going to WIN the national championship.

I feel like next year moving to the 12 format. Someone will likely get a lucky shot and have an upset at one of the true c contenders for the National Championship. Maybe it will be Georgia, ALABAMA or OSU that gets picked off early. That eill be ashamed if it happens. But that lowley team that picks off one of those true contenders will NOT win the National Championship. We can revisit this next year . I'll book mark it for receipts.
But isn't it that way already during the regular season? Auburn could very well have beaten Alabama last game of the season and knocked out the "best" team from the playoffs, no matter what Alabama did to Georgia later.

Iglow

It was best imo before the bcs with the polls choosing the champion… why? Because it caused controversy and that controversy kept college football on people's minds all year long and that's why it mattered. Several teams would make claims they got screwed and fans of rivals would tell them to shut up and it never ended, that was the magic of it.

But now it's played out so after the national championship game it's over, nobody frets over it, nobody cares till August.

And the transfer portal….a UT linebacker transferred to Alabama recently… in the past a player who did that,if they were allowed, would be blackballed for life. They wouldn't be able to stay in the state they transferred from, it was unthinkable. But now? Nobody cares, it's just accepted.

PillsburyDoughboy

But isn't it that way already during the regular season? Auburn could very well have beaten Alabama last game of the season and knocked out the "best" team from the playoffs, no matter what Alabama did to Georgia later.
But auburn was NEVER going to win the national championship. Thank you for making my point exactly ! They could not even win a crappy bowl game.