Trolling Motor

AllOutdoors

Over a couple of years ago I bought a Minn Kota Fortrex 80. This was when they first came out. After 2 years of use the motor shaft started having some play in it where it attached to the mount. I called Minn Kota and gave the guy the serial number and he said the motor was out of the first lot made and that somehow they got inferior bushings. He said send it back and they would update all the bushings. So I send it back. A couple weeks later I get a small package with the plug(for power) in a box. A letter states that they are returning customers plug and the old motor was scrapped and replaced. I called them and they said the bushing were shot and ran tests on the motor and they came back out of specs. so they were just going to send me a whole new trolling motor. I never new anything was wrong with the motor. Great customer service.

stik

i have had great service out of both motor guide and minn kota trolling motors. currently running a minn kota. it's good to hear that customer service is so good if i ever need it.

A

Anonymous

Good to hear.I've actually seen that area on the mount actually crack into.Great to hear.
warranties and good customer service is always nice in making a buying choice.
Bill

Rowdy

That's good to hear.

I usually end up talkin with "Peggy", and have to threaten
her to get anything done.

Latest posts