Triton or Nitro

Winchester

lung-buster said:
Im fixin to bite the bullet and start looking for a bass boat. I like the Tritons and Nitros. 17-18 footers with the 115 motors. Anyone own either? Likes or dislikes?
I cant believe you posted this?? As Im right in the middle of looking at bass boats myself! I was on the Tracker state team and used a Nitro for several years around 2000. I also had buddies with every kind of boat imaginable, Tritons included.
I like the Triton boats and they fish good, but I will tell you they are nowhere near worth the difference in price vs the Nitro boats. I havent priced the smaller boats with less than a 150 much, but when dealing with 19 or 20' ft boats, with a 150 or 200 motor, Nitro is about 10k+ cheaper for comparible options and the identical motor, vs a Triton.
I ran my Nitros all over several states, rough water and long runs included, and never had anything but good luck with them.
After looking at several, and being blown away by how much the bigger aluminum boats are priced for, I think I may go with the Nitro Z8 in the near future.

Kimberman

I have fished from both, and the Triton is a nicer boat. That being said the price difference doesnt add up to me. Nitro boats are solid, and while they have never imressed me to the point of buying one, they are a good baot for the $. If it were my $ and I were looking for a new boat, my top choices would be Champion, Skeeter, Sratos, Phoenix, and Ranger.

mossyhorns300

Swamphunter said:
Whatever you decide do a google search on them. You will find the complaints from unsatisfied customers. I would recommend going to Bass Boat Central and do some research there in the owner forums. Due to the stories I have read from Tracker and Nitro owners and how the company won't back their products, I will never buy either one.

Must be a dealer to dealer issue. You bring a tracker or nitro boat under warranty to us and it will be fixed, no questions asked. We've even had some boats that had the warranty expire within a month or so and had tracker/nitro goodwill it and take care of it or we took care of it internally depending on the problem.

kyhunter

Can't afford either.try a bass tracker they seem to go pretty good in the same water as the bigger boats.
A $50,000 boat don't make you a better fisherman .

turkeyhunter64

kyhunter said:
Can't afford either.try a bass tracker they seem to go pretty good in the same water as the bigger boats.
A $50,000 boat don't make you a better fisherman .

Amen.. I caught caught up in that and wished I still had my little 1510 procraft with an 80 on it.

Dangle

ive fished from both and they are great boats, but the nitro Z7 i fished out of didnt have the same build quality as the triton. that being said, you get what you pay for. i would check out skeeter's too i love mine

SilverFox

If you want to see how a tracker holds up, go look at BPS in Kodak. The new boats on the lot are falling apart. Paint is coming off, the stripes are coming off, the chrome on the rims are popping off... just a quick look at what to expect when you get it home.

I looked at the trackers... no way you could have got me in one of those for the money they want. I bought a Triton and I am happy I did.

mossyhorns300

Swamphunter said:
mossyhorns300 said:
Swamphunter said:
Whatever you decide do a google search on them. You will find the complaints from unsatisfied customers. I would recommend going to Bass Boat Central and do some research there in the owner forums. Due to the stories I have read from Tracker and Nitro owners and how the company won't back their products, I will never buy either one.

Must be a dealer to dealer issue. You bring a tracker or nitro boat under warranty to us and it will be fixed, no questions asked. We've even had some boats that had the warranty expire within a month or so and had tracker/nitro goodwill it and take care of it or we took care of it internally depending on the problem.

Sorry mossy. I know you work for tracker but you've heard the stories. If I remember correctly your buddy, who is a bps employee had trouble getting his boat fixed.

And that is why the that particular person who was in charge no longer works for the company. Tracker fixed it with no problem but this particular service manager said that it wasn't warranty and and he wouldn't honor it and a call was made to Springfield and they came and got the boat and fixed it and somebody lost their job. Honestly from the bad stories I've heard, I havent seen the problems at all at our dealership. I haven't had any problems, knock on wood, out of my '06, but I will hopefully be trading it in soon on a Z7 or Z8. Especially for the discount I'll get.

A

Anonymous

had a Nitro and have now had 4 tritons.Last time i was at the clarksville,IN BPS the Nitros were as much if not higher than Tritons.my father and bother both bought Triton tr-196 boats with 200 mercurys.Both Triton Boats were talked down to about $2500 less $ than the Nitros. BPS wont talk down and they sure dont want your trade.But with all the Boating co.'s going out and being bought out by PE co.,none seem to be as good on warraties as before. But i will say this i now have a Triton 20x2 with a mercury proxs 250 and its the best running and riding and fishing boat Ive had out of them all.I had one ranger,one nitro,one arrow glass,one stratos 294 xl,and 3 bass trackers.Everyone had their season and we are all in diff. places with whatever boat we have. But after looking at alot of boats Triton had a better fit and finsih.But one point here...i would never buy a new boat again....MSRP..i WOULD ONLY BUY A LAST YEAR OR A LEFT OVER BOAT and save big $,no more MSRP.I saved around $12000 by buying a left over boat with no hrs.Just what i like....so enjoy whatever you have.My Dads old arrow glass boat lasted him over 20 yrs and is still running.

Winchester

I was on the Tracker State team for several years. I had a few minor problems with my Nitros and never had a minutes trouble getting them fixed. My dealer even put me in a loaner when needed so I wouldnt have to miss a tourney or practice! I used to travel and fish about 35 wknds a year. I have spent days in most every brand made and I will agree the Tritons or might as well say Stratos are good boats. That being said, every one I have priced in the last 3 months is MUCH higher than a comparably equipped Nitro. I just dont see that much of a difference myself. I do agree however that going with a (new) yr old boat is the way to fly if possible.

Latest posts