Triton 186

lawdog

A buddy of mine is looking at buying a Triton 186 (2004) with a Johnson 175 on it. Considering the boat is in good condition, would $12,900.00 be a fair price? I know the description is vague, but that is all the info I have to go on. Thanks.

Kirk

About average for that boat. The Johnson 175 is deal breaker to a lot of people. He might be able to negotiate down another 1000 with the trouble people are having selling boats right now coupled with the Johnson 175.

I have a 175 Evinrude FICHT and it is hard to get anyone to work on them or the Johnson 175. The fuel injection system is a nightmare to work on. Most mechanics won't guarantee the work if they do work on it. Rumor has it that motor system is what put them in bankruptcy.

AlexDad

TNLynn said:
If it isn't a FICHT, there shouldn't be any problem with the motor.

+1 I was a little bummed when I found my boat back in Spring '08. I've always been a Mercury man and this was PERFECT for me 'cept the Johnson motor. Mine is a non-FICHT and has been flawless. No where near as cold collared as my Mercs.

I was always working on my Mercs and just thinking, "Gosh, just think about those poor Johnson guys." I'd say 99% of it is how it is treated and maintained from new and/or the previous owner. Guy before me must have taken really good care of this motor.

The only thing I did to mine was disconnect the oil mixer and I manually mix my own oil and gas.

TNLynn

The Johnson carb. motors up to 175 are super motors. The 150 and 175's love gas if you like to go fast. I like johnson/evinrude, but I would not have one over 175hp. I sold a 150 faststrike johnson a few years ago that I had run over 150 gallons of oil through and it still had 115psi on each cyclinder. The guy that has it now has run over 50 gallons and it is still going strong! It has only had cheap oil and cheap gas run through it and has been run wide open 75% of the time!!